The Student Room Group

My AS level study log- path to 4A's!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by candyyfloss
Wow! Well done! I just wanted to know if you could share any tips when it comes to revising chemistry and upping my grade next year.

thanks, richpanda

are you about to start A2 or AS? What did you get in chemistry?
Original post by richpanda
are you about to start A2 or AS? What did you get in chemistry?

whoops, my fault for not making it clear

about to start A2 and got a C in chem AS (but my fault for not working hard at all)
whoops, my fault for not making it clear

about to start A2 and got a C in chem AS (but my fault for not working hard at all)

I just fanatically reviewed the specification, textbooks, revision guides, youtube videos and did every single relevant past paper, and re did ones where I got less than 90%
Original post by richpanda
I just fanatically reviewed the specification, textbooks, revision guides, youtube videos and did every single relevant past paper, and re did ones where I got less than 90%

right okay thanks

also do you have any tips for revising the calculations in chemistry apart from practice
also (sorry) do you have any books that you used that you would recommend
and lastly (again im so sorry) what career path would you like to go into if you dont mind me asking considering your AS results are so good :smile:
right okay thanks

also do you have any tips for revising the calculations in chemistry apart from practice
also (sorry) do you have any books that you used that you would recommend
and lastly (again im so sorry) what career path would you like to go into if you dont mind me asking considering your AS results are so good :smile:

For AS calculations make sure you understand the units of different things such as concentration, moles, density etc. These will help you to understand questions that are worded difficultly.

A book that I have for AS and A2 calculations (although I barely used it this year) is https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0582411270?ie=UTF8&tag=chemguide&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=0582411270

Buy it used instead of new, it's much cheaper. It covers both AS and A2 calculation topics, and has different worked examples.
Have you decided on your degree yet?
Original post by kennethdcharles
Have you decided on your degree yet?

chem eng, pretty sure
would you be doing this thread for A2
would you be doing this thread for A2

yeah but the TSR blogging forum has got lots of bugs so it's hard atm
Hi richpanda! I just wanted to say that I would lovelove to see another one of these this year for your A2 study path! It's really motivational and also helpful to see somebody working hard and getting the results! Thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending