The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance

Can you recommend me some universites? Ty
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Dependent on how set yo are on going to university I personally wouldn't bother.

If your goal is to become a chartered accountant you are pretty much wasting your time as you will not get that status from going to uni.

I went down the AAT apprentice route and will shortly be progressing onto CIMA. Completely free of debt whilst also earning a salary and a good work experience log in the process very relevant to the industry.
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel52
Dependent on how set yo are on going to university I personally wouldn't bother.

If your goal is to become a chartered accountant you are pretty much wasting your time as you will not get that status from going to uni.

I went down the AAT apprentice route and will shortly be progressing onto CIMA. Completely free of debt whilst also earning a salary and a good work experience log in the process very relevant to the industry.

hi!
do you have any resources from your level three accounting on AAT? im with a college called bpp and they’ve provided basically no support & its all online so i dont have anyone on my course to ask.
Any help would be appreciated, im currently struggling to pass FAPS.
Reply 3
Original post by _.aimee.rj
hi!
do you have any resources from your level three accounting on AAT? im with a college called bpp and they’ve provided basically no support & its all online so i dont have anyone on my course to ask.
Any help would be appreciated, im currently struggling to pass FAPS.

I do have plenty of resources for the FAPS exam, however since successful completion of my AAT I began to private tutor outside of my working hours. I am more than happy to share resources with you however there would be a fee payable.

If you believe that further guidance and support may also be of interest I am more than happy to give you some tutoring sessions, my current rate is at £15 p/hr for a remote session.
Reply 4
Original post by Rachel52
I do have plenty of resources for the FAPS exam, however since successful completion of my AAT I began to private tutor outside of my working hours. I am more than happy to share resources with you however there would be a fee payable.

If you believe that further guidance and support may also be of interest I am more than happy to give you some tutoring sessions, my current rate is at £15 p/hr for a remote session.

Its actually my sister using my account, however she would be very interested in trying an hour session with yourself - how would I go about arranging this?
Thanks in advance!
Reply 5
Original post by _.aimee.rj
Its actually my sister using my account, however she would be very interested in trying an hour session with yourself - how would I go about arranging this?
Thanks in advance!

I offer my first session free of charge (it probably won't last an hour) so that we get to know one another and to make sure that my learner feels comfortable with me. In order for me to teach the content effectively I need to hone in on my learners strengths and weaknesses before we get going with our actual sessions, for some students it may be as simple as going over practice exam questions or for others it may be going over each topic. I use Skype as my main platform and will set up a virtual room. If you direct message me on here we can set up a convenient time for our 'getting to know one another' session :smile:
Hi there, @HHH6!

I'm glad to hear you're considering Accounting and Finance :biggrin:

Surrey is a great option for A&F (I do it myself) because of the wide range of services and support the university provides us. We have a strong and award-winning careers service that will provide a helping hand from the start of your course until even after graduation. You will be able to start by taking part in different webinars and meetings with the careers team, including potential employers which are partnered with the university (the likes of KPMG, EY, Accenture, etc.). The university is big on placements and has a stellar support system for you if that is a path you decide to take.

The university is located in Guildford, which is a beautiful town in Surrey, offering all the amenities we could want as students (nightclubs, parks, lake on campus perfect for picnics, shopping centres, central train station, etc.). You really can't go wrong with Surrey :biggrin:

I hope this could provide you with some insight into what it's like studying at Surrey.

Marko
2nd Year Student in BSc Accounting and Finance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending