The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Possible to get a offer in Imperial with achieved A*A*A?

I am an international student and self-study International A Level alongside my home country's high school qualification, recently I got my grades back and it is A*A*A(M FM PHY), I was kinda disappointed to be honest, was getting high A* in all of the past physics paper I have done, but this year's grade boundary has dramatically increased(around 20% raw mark fyr) and there was a marking error in my script such that I eventually get an A in physics. Have tried review of marking but sadly they didn't change the mark even though the error is pretty obvious(I checked by using the access to script service by Edexcel) Especially when I see people getting 4A*s and still get rejected, I start to worry about my future, has anybody heard people get admitted to computing with A*A*A ? and if I resit next Oct would it be too late to make change for my application?
Reply 1
bro stop worrying.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
I am an international student and self-study International A Level alongside my home country's high school qualification, recently I got my grades
back and it is A*A*A(M FM PHY), I was kinda disappointed to be honest, was getting high A* in all of the past physics paper I have done, but this year's grade boundary has dramatically increased(around 20% raw mark fyr) and there was a marking error in my script such that I eventually get an A in physics. Have tried review of marking but sadly they didn't change the mark even though the error is pretty obvious(I checked by using the access to script service by Edexcel) Especially when I see people getting 4A*s and still get rejected, I start to worry about my future, has anybody heard people get admitted to computing with A*A*A ? and if I resit next Oct would it be too late to make change for my application?

I would check with imperial but they don’t always allow resit grades and don’t believe you can resit before next May/June anyway
@Muhammad Razak might be able to offer some advice
Reply 4
I am an international student and self-study International A Level alongside my home country's high school qualification, recently I got my grades back and it is A*A*A(M FM PHY), I was kinda disappointed to be honest, was getting high A* in all of the past physics paper I have done, but this year's grade boundary has dramatically increased(around 20% raw mark fyr) and there was a marking error in my script such that I eventually get an A in physics. Have tried review of marking but sadly they didn't change the mark even though the error is pretty obvious(I checked by using the access to script service by Edexcel) Especially when I see people getting 4A*s and still get rejected, I start to worry about my future, has anybody heard people get admitted to computing with A*A*A ? and if I resit next Oct would it be too late to make change for my application?

Not entirely sure what you're stressed about bro. The standard offer for Imperial computing is A*A*A. The reason some people are rejected with 4 A*s I can only assume has something to do with them missing the STEP condition. If I were you I'd be a lot more stressed about that.
Reply 5
Original post by Shaowy
Not entirely sure what you're stressed about bro. The standard osffer for Imperial computing is A*A*A. The reason some people are rejected with 4 A*s I can only assume has something to do with them missing the STEP condition. If I were you I'd be a lot more stressed about that.

but I am just worrying about that will they even consider my application and give me an interview or STEP offer, especially when there are a lot of 4A* nowadays and CS are one of the most competitive course in UK? I've seen a lot of reject without interveiw for imperial cs online.
Reply 6
but I am just worrying about that will they even consider my application and give me an interview or STEP offer, especially when there are a lot of 4A* nowadays and CS are one of the most competitive course in UK? I've seen a lot of reject without interveiw for imperial cs online.

On the Imperial College website it says:

If your predicted grades meet the minimum College entry standard of AAA at A-level or an equivalent level qualification in the relevant subjects, this department will guarantee you an interview. The first stage of the interview consists of an online test. If you successfully pass this test, you will progress to a face-to-face interview (currently online).

So with your grades you will definitely get an online test, which I promise is one of the easiest tests you'll ever do. In other words, I can say with confidence that you'll get an interview. Whether or not you'll get an offer (with STEP) depends on how well you perform in the interview.
Hey, I'm sorry I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to say that I got A*A*A in Maths, Further Maths, and Computer Science, and I got 38 marks on my STEP exam (which is a mid-3) and I still got offered a place for Computer Science even though I missed my STEP offer by quite a bit (I needed a 2). You should be fine with A*A*A.

The admissions test was pretty easy in my opinion so don't worry about that. They then base who they select on the test and your personal statement. If they believe you'll be a good candidate then they'll invite you for an interview. The interview is pretty chill and you are almost guaranteed an offer if you get an interview.
Reply 8
Just be careful these are international grade boundaries, not in UK ones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending