The Student Room Group

Can someone help me decide between my offers which one i should make firm?

so my offers are for biology at warwick, southampton, oxford brooks and cardiff. i have decided oxford brooks to be my insurance but i cant decide my firm as they are all good.

The topics i like is';
immunology
Heart
Biological molecules
nucleic acids
Enzymes
health and disease!
respiration + photosynthesis
photosynthesis

I know the university i choice has a range of these in it but the thing i hate is ECOLOGY i hate it and environmental science and stuff like that all the university include them but i want to go to one with the least amount of it and the most amount of the stuff i like.
I have done my research and i really dont know which is best cuz there are soo many pros and cons for each uni. so can you help me out and tell me which university would sound the best for me out the of ones i picked?

Thanks you
Firm Warwick and insure Southampton/Cardiff. Warwick is by far the strongest competing uni out of your list in all aspects. However, really do check in the course structure to see which one suits you the best and also visit each uni too, so you can see for yourself what feels right. Good luck!
Reply 2
Yeah ive check each uni. i checked Southampton twice and i thought Southampton was higher in the ranks than warwick? based on uni stat and which uni and southampton has higher grade requirements.
Reply 3
Have you been to any post-offer open days? I really recommend them for getting a good feel of how you would fit in there and the professors and accommodation etc x
Reply 4
I think that warwick is ranked higher, but have a look on the good university guid or something :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by JMBio
I think that warwick is ranked higher, but have a look on the good university guid or something :smile:

I just had a look for you, it is Warwich, then southampton, then cardiff
Reply 6
Original post by JMBio
Have you been to any post-offer open days? I really recommend them for getting a good feel of how you would fit in there and the professors and accommodation etc x

Yeah i went to southampton and oxford brooks applicant day. and im goign to go warwick again soon for applicant day
Reply 7
Original post by JMBio
I just had a look for you, it is Warwich, then southampton, then cardiff

but i think thats general ranking rather than for biology
Reply 8
I looked at the biological sciences one :smile:

I don't know a lot about southampton but I have applied to cardiff and warwick. Warwick have a lot of immunology, microbiology, virology, physiology and infection.

whereas cardiff is more plant based, and do a lot of ecology.

I would recommend looking at the research the professors and phd students do at your universities as that will give you an idea about which topics will be more common at each
Reply 9
Original post by JMBio
I looked at the biological sciences one :smile:

I don't know a lot about southampton but I have applied to cardiff and warwick. Warwick have a lot of immunology, microbiology, virology, physiology and infection.

whereas cardiff is more plant based, and do a lot of ecology.

I would recommend looking at the research the professors and phd students do at your universities as that will give you an idea about which topics will be more common at each

ha yeah thats a good idea and yeah warwick's course is more immunology which i like thats why its so hard to decide but im also considering the area too becuase apperently Coventry is chavvy
Reply 10
HAHAH chavvy? In what way?

in the first year you'll be on campus so it won't matter :smile: but I have heard that it is actually a really nice city :smile: although I haven't actually been. Also lots of the students live in leamington spa as well
Reply 11
Original post by JMBio
HAHAH chavvy? In what way?

in the first year you'll be on campus so it won't matter :smile: but I have heard that it is actually a really nice city :smile: although I haven't actually been. Also lots of the students live in leamington spa as well

yeah lol idk i was reading student room stuff and someone said its chavvy lol.
yeah the campus should be fine lol
Reply 12
Are you doing Levels this year? I am trying to decide too rn :/
Reply 13
Original post by JMBio
Are you doing Levels this year? I am trying to decide too rn :/

im doing biology chemistry and psychology. predicted ABB. what about you?

southamptons requirements are AAB but they would let me down one grade if its my firm so yano
Reply 14
Chemistry, biology and maths :smile:

I actually have very similar interests to you :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by JMBio
Chemistry, biology and maths :smile:

I actually have very similar interests to you :smile:

oh right cool what places have you applied to?
Reply 16
Argh deciding which uni is soo hard lol i dont want to leave it to late cuz i want to apply for student finance and accomation now lol
Reply 17
Original post by Tahmido
Argh deciding which uni is soo hard lol i dont want to leave it to late cuz i want to apply for student finance and accomation now lol

Yeah it is so hard! Problem is I love them all
Same, I have no idea who I'm going to Firm I have to decide between York, Queen Mary University of London, Southampton, Brighton for Politics and IR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending