The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Law Offer Holders

Hi, this is a thread for QMUL Law offer holders to congregate, get to know each other and also feel free to ask questions! I am currently a law student at QMUL, so feel free to ask me anything.

Scroll to see replies

Where else did you apply and why did you end up picking QMUL?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by studenther
Where else did you apply and why did you end up picking QMUL?

I had other offers from KCL and Birmingham, and I ended up choosing QMUL because I really liked the fact that it was a campus uni in London (the only Russel Group one that is campus based in London actually) and I had heard good things about the social benefits of that as well. That gave it the edge over Kings for me personally. Please let me know if I can be of any further help!
I originally wanted to go to KCL but didn't get in and swapped it for QMUL! It's interesting to hear your point of view!!
Reply 4
Original post by QMUL Student Rep
Hi, this is a thread for QMUL Law offer holders to congregate, get to know each other and also feel free to ask questions! I am currently a law student at QMUL, so feel free to ask me anything.

Hi,

I applied for LLB Law at Qmul and Kcl and I really want Qmul as my first choice, but I haven’t heard anything from them yet. How long do they take to reply for law at Qmul?

Also, if I meet the grade requirements which I do, would they be any other reasons for a rejection from qmul?

thanks
Original post by fauska
Hi,

I applied for LLB Law at Qmul and Kcl and I really want Qmul as my first choice, but I haven’t heard anything from them yet. How long do they take to reply for law at Qmul?

Also, if I meet the grade requirements which I do, would they be any other reasons for a rejection from qmul?

thanks

Hey! QMUL Law is really competitive- top 10 in the UK- so thats a reason why it sometimes takes a while to hear back. Aside from the grade requirements, another major thing that is taken into consideration is the personal statement. Also because of how competitive it is, it is *possible* to meet the grade requirements and not get in- but my advice would be not to be too worried, if you met the grade requirements and your personal statement was strong Im sure you're being seriously considered. So don't take not hearing back as particularly bad either, in fact its actually quite good news in my opinion! Good luck with your application, and do please let me know if I can be of any further help.
Reply 6
Hey! QMUL Law is really competitive- top 10 in the UK- so thats a reason why it sometimes takes a while to hear back. Aside from the grade requirements, another major thing that is taken into consideration is the personal statement. Also because of how competitive it is, it is *possible* to meet the grade requirements and not get in- but my advice would be not to be too worried, if you met the grade requirements and your personal statement was strong Im sure you're being seriously considered. So don't take not hearing back as particularly bad either, in fact its actually quite good news in my opinion! Good luck with your application, and do please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Thank you so much !!
Original post by fauska
Thank you so much !!

No problem!
Have you heard anything? If you got in you might have walked past me at the offer holder day yesterday lolol
How is the social life at QMUL in east London? im an offer holder for Law and Business and sadly got rejected from KCL, UCL and Durham. I’m planning to go to QMUL but I’m super worried cause there isn’t much online or on YouTube that describes life at QM.
Original post by Melis.bub1
How is the social life at QMUL in east London? im an offer holder for Law and Business and sadly got rejected from KCL, UCL and Durham. I’m planning to go to QMUL but I’m super worried cause there isn’t much online or on YouTube that describes life at QM.

Hi there! Congratulations on your offer! You have nothing to worry about- QMUL is actually one of the better unis in London when it comes to social life, because its the only campus based Russel Group uni in London. There is also accommodation available on campus and around campus, where most of the first years live, so there is a real chance to be really social with other first years who are around. Please do let me know if I can be of further help!

Hiya. Congrats on your offer. Can I ask when your received your offer ? And what was the grades they required ? I’m still waiting for mine and idk what to expect. Thankss <3
Original post by Anongyf
Hiya. Congrats on your offer. Can I ask when your received your offer ? And what was the grades they required ? I’m still waiting for mine and idk what to expect. Thankss <3

Heya! I recieved my offer back in November and it’s A*AA for law with business. I think if I firm it becomes AAA with an A/A* in EPQ. Hope this helps! Which course are you waiting on? ☺️
Heyy. Thank you for replying <3
I’m waiting for law w politics but I’m a bit worried as I’m a gap year student and my grades are A*AB so I’m worried it’s gonna be an automatic rejection.
Heya! I recieved my offer back in November and it’s A*AA for law with business. I think if I firm it becomes AAA with an A/A* in EPQ. Hope this helps! Which course are you waiting on? ☺️

hi everyone, I basically applied for QMUL for law on the 21 January, and I’m still waiting for a decision. I’m not going to lie I’m kind of panicking .. and I keep checking mySIS to see the status of my application but it just says “decision pending” .. can anyone tell me how long did QMUL took to send you an offer for law??

Thanks!
Heya! It took about a month for me and I applied quite early so I’m sure you’ll hear soon! Could I also ask why u applied for QMUL for law cause I don’t know whether I should firm it yet or not and I really wanted to see who else would be in my course 🙏🥰

Original post by Anonymous
hi everyone, I basically applied for QMUL for law on the 21 January, and I’m still waiting for a decision. I’m not going to lie I’m kind of panicking .. and I keep checking mySIS to see the status of my application but it just says “decision pending” .. can anyone tell me how long did QMUL took to send you an offer for law??

Thanks!
Heya! It took about a month for me and I applied quite early so I’m sure you’ll hear soon! Could I also ask why u applied for QMUL for law cause I don’t know whether I should firm it yet or not and I really wanted to see who else would be in my course 🙏🥰

Hi thank you so much. For me personally I wanted to study law in london because of higher opportunities and the life in london in general. But also QMUL doesn’t need LNAT and I had little time to prepare for lnat, so since it’s Russel group uni and has high value in the UK I think it’s good for employment rates, some of my friends study law at QMUL and they really liked it. Also it depends on the other unis you applied to. Because QMUL for me is in my top option, while if I applied to UCL, or KCL and got offers from there I would firm those. Also I guess look at the area it’s in, or people that go there. I think QMUL is very very diverse my brother goes there and there is all sorts of people.. while other unis may not have that.
Hi thank you so much. For me personally I wanted to study law in london because of higher opportunities and the life in london in general. But also QMUL doesn’t need LNAT and I had little time to prepare for lnat, so since it’s Russel group uni and has high value in the UK I think it’s good for employment rates, some of my friends study law at QMUL and they really liked it. Also it depends on the other unis you applied to. Because QMUL for me is in my top option, while if I applied to UCL, or KCL and got offers from there I would firm those. Also I guess look at the area it’s in, or people that go there. I think QMUL is very very diverse my brother goes there and there is all sorts of people.. while other unis may not have that.

Thank you and it’s the exact same for me with the LNAT and etc. I didn’t know much about life at QM rather just where they stood academically and the fact they were in London so this was really helpful!
hii does anyone have a law offer holder gc?

Thanks!

Hi there! I know right the wait can really be agonizing XD however, you have nothing to worry about! QMUL Law is really really competitive, being top 10 in the UK for law, so it does sometimes take a bit of time before they get back to you. Best of luck, I really hope it goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending