The Student Room Group

Credits

Does anybody know what 20 SCOTCAT credits mean? What level do these come under? Just phoned the SQA and they don't deal with it as they have nothing to do with a uni.

Thanks
Original post by NightOwl123
Does anybody know what 20 SCOTCAT credits mean? What level do these come under? Just phoned the SQA and they don't deal with it as they have nothing to do with a uni.

Thanks

I believe SCOTCAT credits are credits given for partially completed higher education courses and HNDs. If they're part of an offer from a university, could you contact the university for clarification?
Reply 2
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
I believe SCOTCAT credits are credits given for partially completed higher education courses and HNDs. If they're part of an offer from a university, could you contact the university for clarification?

I done an access course at the uni few years back. Went into uni but going back to the OU. The OU want level 7 of the Scottish framework. Think I have 40 credits plus those 20 SCOTCAT credits. Trying to work out I meet this requirement .
I done an access course at the uni few years back. Went into uni but going back to the OU. The OU want level 7 of the Scottish framework. Think I have 40 credits plus those 20 SCOTCAT credits. Trying to work out I meet this requirement .

I would contact the OU for further clarification if you're at all unsure.
Reply 4
Original post by SlowlorisIncognito
I would contact the OU for further clarification if you're at all unsure.

Yeah think I will need to. Just like trying to do things myself than pester them.
Yeah think I will need to. Just like trying to do things myself than pester them.

Honestly, they'll probably employ staff who's job this is. You're not pestering them at all!
Reply 6
Phoned them and they are a bit of a loss so somebody will call me back. I have 40 credits from my brick uni. I need level 7 SQA level to be allowed back into the OU. So I hope those 40 credits and the 20 SCOTCAT will be my key back into the OU!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending