The Student Room Group

Guys would you think it's weird that your classmate wished you Happy Birthday?

It's a small college class and we've only talked once. Not one on one but in a group and he agreed a lot with what I said in discussion which surprised me since the other 2 people didn't. At first I felt like an outsider but I had already thought he was cute so him having the same ideas made me like his personality more-he seemed like a nice cool guy before I met him.*

In the group we talked about birthdays but I remembered his because I have a friend with the same date, however I didn't say anything because I thought it'd be weird. That was a month ago and we haven't talked or smiled since. He use to look at me before we met but not so much anymore. I'm really shy so I'd never smile but I think he has a gf.

Anyways should I go up to him in class and wish him Happy Birthday?*
Reply 1
Original post by Shygirl007
It's a small college class and we've only talked once. Not one on one but in a group and he agreed a lot with what I said in discussion which surprised me since the other 2 people didn't. At first I felt like an outsider but I had already thought he was cute so him having the same ideas made me like his personality more-he seemed like a nice cool guy before I met him.*

In the group we talked about birthdays but I remembered his because I have a friend with the same date, however I didn't say anything because I thought it'd be weird. That was a month ago and we haven't talked or smiled since. He use to look at me before we met but not so much anymore. I'm really shy so I'd never smile but I think he has a gf.

I wouldn't even bother even if a friend of a friend wished me happy birthday (in a positive way). What's all the fuss about?

Unless he told you the date, it's okay.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Impressive
I wouldn't even bother even if a friend of a friend wished me happy birthday (in a positive way). What's all the fuss about?

The fuss is won't he think I'm a weirdo for remembering his birthday after a month and only meeting once? I don't want him to think/know that I like him. And good riddance Go to sleep!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
The fuss is won't he think I'm a weirdo for remembering his birthday after a month and only meeting once? I don't want him to think/know that I like him. And good riddance Go to sleep!

Think about it that way.

He will think you're a weirdo, but with good intentions.

If you don't want to start a relationship with him, don't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Impressive
Think about it that way.

He will think you're a weirdo, but with good intentions.

If you don't want to start a relationship with him, don't do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao a weirdo with good intentions haha I like the sound of that.
And I'm pretty sure he has a gf but either way it'd be difficult to befriend him since he's always with his female friend.They're not together but she's always giving me dirty looks so does this other girl who always tries to talk to him.

I know I'm just psyching myself out here haha. I've never had a bf and it's been a while since I've liked a guy and tried to talk to him so I'm rusty.
Instead of saying hello when I walked by him I said Excuse me.
(edited 8 years ago)

I'm sure everyone's already said this but yes of course you should wish him happy birthday.
He'll most likely think you're really nice (a weird with good intentions like Impressive said lmao). I love it when anyone says happy birthday to me tbh, even if they're just an acquaintance

And you have nothing to lose. If he's a bit like "....lol ok" then he's not worth your time and it makes things easier bc you'll be able to get over him easily.
He'll probably think you're weird, but who likes normal anyway? Normal is too mainstream.

So..
Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Update!
Well tomorrow is when I had planned to say it since school is actually off on his bday but I think ima chicken out.
His female best friend is always with him and she's, iindifferent towards me so I don't want to go up to the guy.

If a miracle happens and I happen to be near him unexpectedly then maybe I'll say Happy early birthday... Ugh I hate having a crush who I barely know
Reply 9
Woooooooooooow he wasn't even in class today (neither was his female best friend)

I guess its a sign from GOD...it's not meant to be -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending