The Student Room Group

What is your favourite console and why?

Mine would probably be 3DS because I've played so many enjoyable games on it
I've been a huge Sony fan since the first PlayStation, so I'm going to say PlayStation, and if I were to pick a variant then I'd say the PlayStation 2 - perhaps my most reliable system with a huge catalogue of classics.
Oops didn't see that, thanks for the link! ^^; :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
The Sega Megadrive, obviously.
Call me mainstream but i actually adored the DS Lite and the games on it.
Metroid Prime Hunters, AC Wild World, Pokemon Diamond, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, just epic.
Maybe it was because of the period of my teens where i just didn't have any worries or responsibilities and literally had the time to 100% pretty much every game i had. I think i had about 400 or 500 hours clocked up on Diamond.
Gotta be PC, not just because they're the superior current gen system but also because you can play mostly any game on them from any past console via emulator :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by pinkstudent63
Mine would probably be 3DS because I've played so many enjoyable games on it

I totally agree! what are the best games in your opinion
Reply 7
Sega Saturn - Virtua Cop 1, 2 and 3 and House of the Dead 1! Need I say more! What a console!!
For me its NBA. I found it comfortable because I can watch the player in reality and play them in a game. Yearly the game upgrades.
Playstation 3 because you don't have to pay to play online. They should of carried on doing the same for the PS4 too but they got fu*king greedy :colonhash:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Gotta be PC, not just because they're the superior current gen system but also because you can play mostly any game on them from any past console via emulator :smile:

PC is not a console lol. Hence the term console peasants.

Mine's definitely my PS2, so many great games on there
Original post by Zargabaath
PC is not a console lol. Hence the term console peasants.

Mine's definitely my PS2, so many great games on there

It plays games, doesn't it :lol: but yeah, it's much more than a console really. Hence why I used the word "system" :smile:
Original post by WoodyMKC
It plays games, doesn't it :lol: but yeah, it's much more than a console really. Hence why I used the word "system" :smile:

Platform would include PCs, but consoles are dedicated games machines that can't do much else. I'm just being pedantic but yolo
Wii it was just so different also really excited for the NX (they must say something soon).
ps3 is the best, its got a gazillion amazing games
Reply 15
Ps4
PC, even though some of the community are full of idiots
PS3/PS4... I do like gaming on PC, but generally I prefer kicking back on the sofa with a big telly, a controller, and not think about the performance of my laptop in the meantime...
Gamecube, Never owned one but my memories of it was the best ,Metroid Prime, Mario Sunshine, Rouge Squadron 2, Mario Kart double dash etc etc. Kung Fu Chaos was another game from that generation (but for the origional xbox) that I have some really fun memoires of, by modern standards it's incredibly racist but still is an incredibly fun game!

Weirdly enough the console I spend most of my primary school years playing was the playstation. Outside of the original spyro I never really had many games I really bonded with on that system. However I had a PC from the age of 3-4 so it's always been my favourite.

Quick Reply

Latest