The Student Room Group

which game conosle do you prefere?

mine would be ps as you get loads of games for low prices on ps exclusive and it has more better games then the xbox.

Scroll to see replies

PlayStation. Part of it is brand loyalty I suppose (been a Sony fanboy 25+ years) but I have always had a very strong dislike of Xbox controllers. And very few Xbox exclusives have ever caught my eye.

I find it difficult to compare Nintendo consoles against PS/Xbox because they feel as if they're in a different league entirely, but I do have a Switch and it gets a lot of use. I only use it for Switch-exclusive titles though.
Original post by 1582
PlayStation. Part of it is brand loyalty I suppose (been a Sony fanboy 25+ years) but I have always had a very strong dislike of Xbox controllers. And very few Xbox exclusives have ever caught my eye.

I find it difficult to compare Nintendo consoles against PS/Xbox because they feel as if they're in a different league entirely, but I do have a Switch and it gets a lot of use. I only use it for Switch-exclusive titles though.

i sometimes play xbox for certain games but ive always prefered ps
also controlers for ps are good
Original post by 1582

I’d go with PlayStation as well. Microsoft had a golden opportunity to wean PS1/2 gamers away from our PlayStations by bringing their Xbox 360 out 2 years early but the hardware was faulty from day one

I got shot of the white brick as soon as I could get a PS3 and I’ve never trusted Xbox since!! 😂
Original post by Rhyshazie07
mine would be ps as you get loads of games for low prices on ps exclusive and it has more better games then the xbox.

I’m a Nintendo girl. Only consoles I’ve had fun playing
(edited 1 year ago)
Moved to gaming :smile:

My preference is definitely Nintendo although I got an xbox a few months ago which I'm finding pretty fun :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
xbox
PC, I like how Steam works and there are a good variety of games on there. If there arent they tend to end up coming to PC eventually.

I also like that I dont need another dedicated device aside from my gaming laptop. Im short on space so I wouldnt have space for it.
Original post by newuserr
I’m a Nintendo girl. Only consoles I’ve had fun playing

fair enough nintendo is alright
Original post by CoolCavy
PC, I like how Steam works and there are a good variety of games on there. If there arent they tend to end up coming to PC eventually.

I also like that I dont need another dedicated device aside from my gaming laptop. Im short on space so I wouldnt have space for it.

i got a pc a week ago and power cable broke so not that well th games are ok
Henry Cavill was asked PS or Xbox and replied “PC”
GameCube and PS3 were my favourite.
Metroid Prime and REmake and RE4 on Gamecube are epic, Luigi's Mansion is a great tech display of the effects possible on the Cube, e.g. lighting. Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door was a great adventure with a great battle system.
PS3 set a tone for today's gaming where choose your own adventure (see Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) made a comeback. It was the start of Uncharted and The Last of Us. It had great experimental games that made Microsoft have to become more creative. Whilst I admire Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive on Xbox, they were made years ago now and Xbox should be utilising Rare to make more than Sea of Thieves. Rare should have been tasked to make Xbox's equivalent of Uncharted. How long until Indiana Jones and Perfect Dark actually release on Xbox?
(edited 1 year ago)
PS2 is my favorite console of all time, though Bloodborne is my favorite game of all time, so I guess I'm a Sony fanboy too :smile:
However, I also have a Switch Lite and have been utterly enjoying the Nintendo Online subscription in the past two months, to the point that I haven't even turned on my PS4 Pro at all during this period...
SNES. Nostalgia, great soundtrack, timeless games. Don't need any another reasons for my preference.
Original post by Picnicl
GameCube and PS3 were my favourite.
Metroid Prime and REmake and RE4 on Gamecube are epic, Luigi's Mansion is a great tech display of the effects possible on the Cube, e.g. lighting. Paper Mario:The Thousand Year Door was a great adventure with a great battle system.
PS3 set a tone for today's gaming where choose your own adventure (see Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls) made a comeback. It was the start of Uncharted and The Last of Us. It had great experimental games that made Microsoft have to become more creative. Whilst I admire Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive on Xbox, they were made years ago now and Xbox should be utilising Rare to make more than Sea of Thieves. Rare should have been tasked to make Xbox's equivalent of Uncharted. How long until Indiana Jones and Perfect Dark actually release on Xbox?

ps3 was mine too before that maybe dreamcast:smile:
Original post by Phoenix Ikki
Do you want to know the greatest academic fraud in the history of the UK?
The student room and lots of forums/websites are trying to cover up this fraud by strictly reviewing articles and banning accounts.

They reviewed all posts which contain URL links to block the spread of information related to this fraud.
Therefore, URL links should be avoided in my post.

It is so pathetic that the moderation team in The Student Room is helping
for covering up this fraud by hiding/reviewing articles and banning accounts.

But you still can know this fraud by google search.
Please use google search and search by the keywords: The most incredible degree fraud in the history of UK

You can find youtube videos provided by Athena News Ireland.
Please watch those youtube videos and read material mentioned in the section of the comment.

They have banned some accounts of the users who just provided the relevant information.
It is so pathetic that the UK and The Student Room don't care about the right to freedom of speech.

Shush brev
Wii
Original post by Chronoscope
Moved to gaming :smile:

My preference is definitely Nintendo although I got an xbox a few months ago which I'm finding pretty fun :biggrin:

What nintendo console exactly? I played the very old ones, NES and SNES. Maybe you are too old to know these game consoles.
Original post by Kallisto
What nintendo console exactly? I played the very old ones, NES and SNES. Maybe you are too old to know these game consoles.

Wii, Nintendo DS, 3DS, nintendo switch
I never owned Gameboy but some of my friends in primary school did :tongue:

Annoyingly never owned GameCube/NES/SNES although some of the games have been put on the nintendo subscription now which I still need to have a go at :yep:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Chronoscope
Wii, Nintendo DS, 3DS, nintendo switch
I never owned Gameboy but some of my friends in primary school did :tongue:

Annoyingly never owned GameCube/NES/SNES although some of the games have been put on the nintendo subscription now which I still need to have a go at :yep:

Never known that nintendo has a subscription. I guess that you owe me an explanation. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest