The Student Room Group

I lift purely for aesthetics...

This is a lighthearted thread, don't want no arguments lol

I lift purely for aesthetics (toned body, nice legs, add some curves and yes to be 'hot') but I do genuinely enjoy it. I think it's because you can actually see the progress in numbers and in the mirror and I know that all the hard work is making a difference even if it isn't instant. I dont really care about getting strong tbh but ofc getting stronger and adding muscle go hand in hand.

However whenever people ask me what my primary goals are and I tell them this, as opposed to wanting to get really strong or getting really big, I feel like I'm being judged! Is this such a bad thing after all (not that I'm particularly bothered by peoples opinions)?!

Why do you guys lift?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

I think right now, it's kind of 'trendy' to shame people for wanting to look nice as other things are considered more important, of course, it is entirely up to you and everyone wants to feel confident about how they look. Like you said, you don't care about what other people add shouldn't, it's your life
The idea of being a nerdy guy disgusts me.
Aesthetics, strength, personal growth, confidence and obviously for the pump.

Everyone has different goals. But some people think that if you're lifting to look good you're just doing it for other people. Doesn't matter what you do it for as long as it benefits you :smile:
Original post by tootles44

I lift purely for aesthetics (toned body, nice legs, add some curves and yes to be 'hot':wink: but I do genuinely enjoy it. I think it's because you can actually see the progress in numbers and in the mirror and I know that all the hard work is making a difference even if it isn't instant. I dont really care about getting strong tbh but ofc getting stronger and adding muscle go hand in hand.

However whenever people ask me what my primary goals are and I tell them this, as opposed to wanting to get really strong or getting really big, I feel like I'm being judged! Is this such a bad thing after all (not that I'm particularly bothered by peoples opinions)?!

Why do you guys lift?

I am the same to be honest. I started lifting because I was fed up of people saying how skinny I was and I hated having twig legs and no bum. I do enjoy it now but I'm not incredibly serious about it. Like I'm not interested in doing competitions or making a career out of it. :u:
As others have said;
Personal growth, progress, mental attitude, how it makes me feel ie great, aesthetics and strength are all why I lift. Why not be the best version of yourself that you can be?
You didn't like how you were so instead of moaning and doing nothing about it like 99% of the population... you are in the process of improving yourself :smile:
If people have a problem with that they need to get a grip and stop being so ****ing jealous imo.
It's just a waste of time tbh. Studying dress/fashion, being more well learned, improving your charisma, your wit, your make-up and your diction are all far better ways to come across as more attractive and be more influential in the minds of others ESPECIALLY as a woman.
Original post by TorpidPhil
It's just a waste of time tbh. Studying dress/fashion, being more well learned, improving your charisma, your wit, your make-up and your diction are all far better ways to come across as more attractive and be more influential in the minds of others ESPECIALLY as a woman.

Physical booty is important as well as mental beauty.
Reply 8
Original post by jam277

Yepp exactly, which girl deosnt want dat booty :lol:

Also I dont think guys care that much about charisma and wit beyond being a pleasant/non-dull person..
Original post by jam277

Men are easy to please. Just learn how to dress well, be really sexy in the way you talk/act/move and learn how to apply make-up like a Goddess and tbh you can have a very subpar body yet still be 7/10+

At least with guys who want you for more than a ONS anyway...
Yepp exactly, which girl deosnt want dat booty :lol:

Also I dont think guys care that much about charisma and wit beyond being a pleasant/non-dull person..

Try some different guys.

I lift purely for aesthetics (toned body, nice legs, add some curves and yes to be 'hot':wink: but I do genuinely enjoy it. I think it's because you can actually see the progress in numbers and in the mirror and I know that all the hard work is making a difference even if it isn't instant. I dont really care about getting strong tbh but ofc getting stronger and adding muscle go hand in hand.

Why do you guys lift?

Lifts for aesthetics....has put down gender as female on TSR :rolleyes:
Men are easy to please. Just learn how to dress well, be really sexy in the way you talk/act/move and learn how to apply make-up like a Goddess and tbh you can have a very subpar body yet still be 7/10+

At least with guys who want you for more than a ONS anyway...

Why can't she achieve all that PLUS dat booty and be hot af?
Sport more than anything. Can't get a good darts arm lifting pints any more.
Reply 14
Original post by Unistudent77
Why can't she achieve all that PLUS dat booty and be hot af?

Yeah exactly, want to be the whole package :lol:

Random crude question (hey its the internet) can a nice behind compensate for not having much, if anything, in the chest department? Or do you need both to break the 'hot' barrier? I feel like girls who are fuller up top get waay more attention
Reply 15
Original post by Gucci Mane.
Lifts for aesthetics....has put down gender as female on TSR :rolleyes:

Cant females lift for aesthetics???

Random crude question (hey its the internet) can a nice behind compensate for not having much, if anything, in the chest department? Or do you need both to break the 'hot' barrier? I feel like girls who are fuller up top get waay more attention

Personally I don't even care much for boobs. But a good ass does a damn lot for me.

You're going to get boob guys and ass guys.
Reply 17
Personally I don't even care much for boobs. But a good ass does a damn lot for me.

You're going to get boob guys and ass guys.

What about nice hair?

I'm an ass guy so.....

I'm happy with smaller, well shaped boobs personally. Other guys are different, that's a 50/50 split.
A phat ass though.....
I also lift purely for aesthetics.... I hope to compete. Increased strength is just a bonus for me.

I genuinely think I'm still stronger than I would be if I had focused on powerlifting as I'm stronger than all the people I know who have trained for as long as me doing powerlifting.

Wide shoulders, small waist and big legs.

Nothing beats a girl who works out and has a nice booty. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest