The Student Room Group

Uni society- social media post question

I have recently started a society at my university. All of the other societies have really aesthetic cohesive posts. I dont know how they are making their templates. They all look quite similar/quite fun and professional.

Does anyone know how things like that are made? Thanks!
Reply 1
When I ran a society we used Canva and its templates quite often. The website takes some getting used to but I would definitely recommend it.
Original post by clone1613
When I ran a society we used Canva and its templates quite often. The website takes some getting used to but I would definitely recommend it.

thank you so much!
Original post by flamingolover
I have recently started a society at my university. All of the other societies have really aesthetic cohesive posts. I dont know how they are making their templates. They all look quite similar/quite fun and professional.

Hi @flamingolover,

Congratulations on recently starting a society! Which society is it?

When I was a social secretary for one of my societies I used Canva. They have some really nice templates for instagram posts which are aesthetic and fun. The free version where you just need your e-mail to sign up is great.

I am sure if you ask the other social secretaries of other societies or DM them they would be open to telling you how they do their posts.

Good luck! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @flamingolover,

Congratulations on recently starting a society! Which society is it?

When I was a social secretary for one of my societies I used Canva. They have some really nice templates for instagram posts which are aesthetic and fun. The free version where you just need your e-mail to sign up is great.

I am sure if you ask the other social secretaries of other societies or DM them they would be open to telling you how they do their posts.

Good luck! :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

It is a bookclub! I will definitely check canvas out! Thank you so much!
As above, Canva all the way for these sort of posts. There are full time social media teams who only ever use Canva so you can't go wrong :smile:
Original post by flamingolover

Creating cohesive and professional-looking posts for your university society can be achieved with graphic design tools and templates available online. Here's how you can create similar posts:

Graphic Design Software: Use graphic design software like Adobe Photoshop, Canva, or Adobe Spark. Canva, especially, offers a variety of templates tailored for social media posts, ensuring a professional look.

Templates: Browse through the templates provided by these platforms. They have a wide range of styles, colors, and layouts. You can choose a template that suits your society's theme and modify it according to your needs.

Consistent Branding: Choose a consistent color scheme, font, and logo for your society. Use these elements across all your posts for brand cohesion. This consistency helps create a professional and recognizable image.

High-Quality Images: Use high-quality images related to your society's activities. Clear and visually appealing pictures enhance the overall aesthetic of your posts.

Engaging Content: Craft engaging and concise content. Use catchy headlines and bullet points to convey information effectively. Keep your audience in mind and tailor your content to their interests.

Feedback and Iteration: Ask for feedback from your society members or peers. Iterate on your designs based on their suggestions to continuously improve the aesthetic appeal of your posts.

Remember, practice and experimentation with different templates and designs will help you find the style that best represents your society while looking professional and cohesive.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending