The Student Room Group

Comparative Weber & Du Bois ?

Hey dear students!

I hope you are all very well today!
I have an assignment with this question:

Of the theories of Durkheim, Marx, and Weber, which if any - is most compatible with Dubois’ theories about the social construction of race/racial inferiority?

I think that Durkheim is the most compatible, do you agree ? How would you adress this question ?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drblaster
Hey dear students!

I hope you are all very well today!
I have an assignment with this question:

Of the theories of Durkheim, Marx, and Weber, which if any - is most compatible with Dubois’ theories about the social construction of race/racial inferiority?

I think that Durkheim is the most compatible, do you agree ? How would you adress this question ?

You need to outline what all of the theories are and then this will allow you being able to say which is most like Dubois' and why. In the introduction of the essay you need to say that this is what you will be doing in order to show that you have understood the question. You could say something like "this essay will examine Dubois' theories on.... and will then consider how other sociologists approach these topics. This will make it possible to consider which sociologist's theory has the most in common with Dubois'.

You could perhaps structure your coursework as a report to make it easier to signpost both for the reader and yourself. So a section on Dubois' approach, sections on other sociologists approaches, analysis and discussion section followed by the conclusion.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending