The Student Room Group

English literature coursework NEA

Hi
Can someone help me come up with a title for me NEA coursework. Im thinking of focusing on the role of women in a male centered society. The two books I’m doing are ‘Frankenstein’ by Mary Shelley and ‘Poor things’ by Alasdair gray.
If someone thinks another theme would work better feel free to suggest.
I would prefer it if it was a quote at the beginning of the title , then evaluate etc. but it’s what u think is best!:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by hannahsajan24
Hi
Can someone help me come up with a title for me NEA coursework. Im thinking of focusing on the role of women in a male centered society. The two books I’m doing are ‘Frankenstein’ by Mary Shelley and ‘Poor things’ by Alasdair gray.
I would prefer it if it was a quote at the beginning of the title , then evaluate etc. but it’s what u think is best!:smile:

hi, are you still active?
Original post by hannahsajan24
Hi

hi im not sure if youll be able to do frankenstein as its studied by some other exam boards at alevel i just know when i was doing mine i originally wanted to do a picture of dorian gray but because its taught at some levels its not acceptable for coursework. i also did my nea on societal expectations of women so its similar to what you are wanting to do i chose rebecca and the bloody chamber and my question was:
With reference to wider critical reading, compare and contrast how Daphne Du Maurier and Angela Carter use of the gothic genre presents society’s influence over women and the ways in which women succumb to these pressures within The Bloody Chamber and Rebecca.
hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending