The Student Room Group

How to get at least an A in GCSE maths

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Federerr
Completed every past paper since 2010 to 2015.

Started doing learning/revising one topic per day starting from C grade topics up to A grade.

Currently on the A* topics. (Directly and Inversely proportionality)

Use MathsGenie they give all the topics in order of grades as well as give revision material for you to be able to practise.

Obviously the number one thing that worked for me was to do atleast 1 paper per week if not more.

In my last mock (3 months ago) I got 38/100 for non-calculator and 45/100 for calculator :colondollar:.Drastically improved in non-calc going from 38 to 71/100 and 83/100 in calc in February mocks.

One more thing, you have to be focused. In my case, no one in my family knew I was doing so badly in maths until they asked me to go to a tuition centre and do a FREE exam. I got 40% in the exam that consisted of 5 questions that 'even year 9' students should be able to do.

That really did open my eyes and got me real scared...

Are you planning on taking Maths to A level?
For anyone doing EDEXCEL Maths
There is a link showing an Edexcel Maths spec to show what exactly is coming up for Foundation and Higher

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/edexcel-gcse-maths-topics-lists-revision-6403447
Original post by Rajive
Are you planning on taking Maths to A level?

Yep :smile:
Past papers are good and all but make sure you understand mathematical concepts ans know why you are doing something. Also do all questions in your textbooks

So you wont get stuck on questions you have never seen before

Quick Reply

Latest