The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Are you guys just learning one of the topics for phy3, or learning more so that you can see which questions are easiest?
only one
number9
Are you guys just learning one of the topics for phy3, or learning more so that you can see which questions are easiest?

Well I also have Unit 2 on the same day and I'd rather prefer just Med Phys... I've done all the papers I could get hold of etc so I am well versed in it. Its your personal decision, I guess. If you think you can manage it, good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 23
anyone have any good materials on astro physics
Reply 24
Just study from the past papers. Revise the model answers. There aren't really good sources for Edexcel astrophysics.
I agree with you....Past papers and your revision textbooks may only be the best combination for revision
Reply 26
lol just 1 topic
its only half an hour
20% of our AS
right.
Reply 27
Physics AAAAAHHHH!!! :eek: Friday morning is a very scary thought.

Those Lanther notes are great btw :wink: But if you want another resource:
http://www.asa2physics.co.uk/pages/

Read the specification. It is actually really useful. It just says things like "Know that V=IR" "Understanding that LDR resistance decreases as illumination increases." Well really thats all you need to know on the matter, none of that waffling like in the NAS textbooks (which annoys me so much! :mad: )

I'm doing Astrophysics for the Topics option, and from looking at past papers the questions every year are pretty similar. Where would X star be on the H-R diagram? How can a cepheid variable be used to calculate how far away it is? etc.

Good luck everyone! :p:
Reply 28
Astrophysics Rocks!!!!

Best Of Luck To All For Phy 123

Physics Is The Best .... All Units:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
I only take AS physics....but i hope I can take them well......And The concepts must be clear....For example, how to perform an experiement for measuring speed and accelaration. (You can use video, light gate or ticker-taper)

Tickertape is the most common one for measuring.....
Reply 30
Scared of physics to be honest, ended up failing it (well got an E) in the module 1 in January... It's kind of a bad habit of me to make dumb mistakes with my maths sooner or later... Just hope I can get around a C, though I'd love a B or even an A... But that's sort of out of reach for me...

Quick question, for medical physics to do with ultrasound, what gel do you put between a probe and the skin?
Reply 31
water based gel.

Latest