The Student Room Group

What is better natural beauty or make up beauty?

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Natural beauty.
Natural beauty.

Natty> all.
Reply 3
Natural beauty ofc.
I do think make up applied correctly and not overdone can be an enhancement.
Reply 5
its all about natural looking makeup :h:
Reply 6
I don't like to wear a lot of make up just lip gloss and mascara
then you get a lot of lassies in m y year who are covered
Reply 7
Original post by scnotcrazy
I don't like to wear a lot of make up just lip gloss and mascara
then you get a lot of lassies in m y year who are covered

Indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I think natural beauty because make up can be deceiving I guess ..
Im not a fan of makeup, so Id say natural (nail varnish creeps me out for some reason)
Its all very well saying natural beauty though, not everyone has that option or they can look better with make up. I do think some girls could invest some time into learning to apply it effectively. More is not always better and it can make you look worse if its caked on.
Natural beauty comes from the core of your very being and on the basis that you're a beautiful human as you are.

Makeup is fun and can make people feel better superficially but it's important not to take it too seriously.

I say this as a makeup artist. I think it's really important to be realistic about what makeup can achieve and not achieve and I think it's important to be able to see your natural beauty and see makeup as an extra rather than necessity.
Reply 12
Original post by 999tigger
Its all very well saying natural beauty though, not everyone has that option or they can look better with make up. I do think some girls could invest some time into learning to apply it effectively. More is not always better and it can make you look worse if its caked on.

yeah I agree with that also some girls feel more confident with make up on
but still caking it is horrible
Original post by scnotcrazy
yeah I agree with that also some girls feel more confident with make up on
but still caking it is horrible

Its not a criticism per se, its just nobody has taught them its not a good look and detracts rather than enhances. I feel a bit sad for them as they dont realise.

I think there are plenty of women who are terrified of being seen without makeup, hence it being called armour.

I like the fact that youtube has lots of videos showing techniques these days.
The thing is a lot of people confuse an attractive girl with good application of makeup...(I don't, I can always tell the difference between the two) so because of that "natural beauty" is basically non-existence, and the men that say that they prefer girls without makeup are usually talking about light makeup i.e nude lipstick, light mascara, tinted moisturiser etc...
Original post by loveleest
The thing is a lot of people confuse an attractive girl with good application of makeup...(I don't, I can always tell the difference between the two) so because of that "natural beauty" is basically non-existence, and the men that say that they prefer girls without makeup are usually talking about light makeup i.e nude lipstick, light mascara, tinted moisturiser etc...

This is spot on. I can tell when a woman has applied make-up in a very skillful manner and as a result looks beautiful, foolish boys think she is wearing no make and that the only make-up look is a Dorito from Essex.
Natural beauty :smile:
Those who say natural beauty, why is it 'better' ?
Reply 18
Original post by Bernel Sanders
This is spot on. I can tell when a woman has applied make-up in a very skillful manner and as a result looks beautiful, foolish boys think she is wearing no make and that the only make-up look is a Dorito from Essex.

what if a girl just wore mascara and lip gloss only but not any foundation, bronzer etc
what then?
to be honest I just wear that but a bit more when going to a party etc
Original post by loveleest

:yep:

Quick Reply

Latest