The Student Room Group

Where is the best place you have ever visited?

Scroll to see replies

Castaway cay
For me it's either Barcelona or Vancouver
Original post by Emma:-)

Does it matter what kind of place it is? a country, a city or a region?
New York City. I was only there for a 5 day trip and it's my aim to go for a lot longer than that so I can do everything I missed last time!
Region: Black Forest in Germany.
City: Salzburg in Austria

Now I have answered all kinds of places in one go!
Original post by Kallisto
Does it matter what kind of place it is? a country, a city or a region?

It can be anywhere
As a person who loves beaches, one of the best place I visited it was Philippines. It has a wonderful beach and the people there were so good!
It can be anywhere

Fine. I have already gave an answer to all sorts of places.

Castaway cay

The island which was shown in the film 'Castaway'?
Reply 9
Thailand!
Original post by paulde23
Thailand!

If I ever get the guts to enter a plane, I do everything to live in a monastery temporary there.
Reply 11
For me there's no place like home and so Liverpool is my favourite place regardless of anywhere else I've been.

In terms of abroad there's tons of place I really, really love for different reasons. But the most self-indulgent and most 'me' place I've been to is probably Florence.
Original post by gjd800
For me there's no place like home and so Liverpool is my favourite place regardless of anywhere else I've been.

(...)

I feel it. After long journeys and miles, the best of an excursion is to come back. Being on the way to somewhere is exhausting sooner or later.
My passion is to immerse myself in a city's majestic mountains and ancient history. I constantly search for destinations that offer the perfect blend of captivating hiking tracks and rich historical insights. Much like the enchanting Nakahechi Route along the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Trail in Japan, these trails present breathtaking natural beauty and reveal a tapestry of tradition and history that truly captivates the soul.
My recent trip to South Korea was probably the best place I've been. I loved exploring the temples and scenic spots, but especially enjoyed the food - it was all so delicious. That guy from https://gowithguide.com/korea really showed me some cool off-the-beaten-path places too. Overall it was such a great mix of culture, beauty and food. Definitely top of my list so far!
Fell in love with Paris. Some people hate it though.
definitely mallorca. first time i went abroad but it changed meee i loved it. i stayed near alcudia and spent two weeks there it is such a gorgeous place. the mountainous areas are just stunning and i miss it everyday
Reply 17
Yosemite. About as beautiful and natural a place I've seen.
Original post by AriTem
Yosemite. About as beautiful and natural a place I've seen.

Do you mean the national park in California? I have just googled it. What was so beautiful about that park?
Reply 19
Original post by Kallisto
Do you mean the national park in California? I have just googled it. What was so beautiful about that park?
Well for one I was lucky enough to be there when there was firefall

https://www.flickr.com/photos/petervalverde/32250749857

But it's how unspoilt it is. It's a caldera and travelling to it you ascend along the mountainside reach the top and the descend into the park. Being high up and the quiet (there are some off the beaten pathway treks where you feel completely alone) gave it a spirituality I have rarely encountered anywhere else. It just resonated with me and I have always remembered it fondly even today. I've been lucky enough to travel to a few beautiful quiet places - New England Lakes in the fall awash with eye popping colour, the moors of Scotland in winter draped in silvery moonlight (so monochromatic yet breathtaking for the infinite shades of silver) - but Yosemite tops them all for sheer natural spiritual beauty
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest