The Student Room Group

GCSE German revision thread

Ok people- our exam is on Thursday AQA listening, and Tue 12th for AQA reading, so my idea is we all post a few useful words so that whilst we are procrastinating on TSR we can learn some vocab too

1) doch= but
2) Wald= forest (i thought it meant world)
3) Fahrstuhl=lift

Scroll to see replies

wenn mann sich nicht modisch ankleidet ist man vollig aus, if one is unfashionable they are an outsider, or something like that...i learnt lodas of random phrases like that in prepration for my german exams, ridiculously complex statements i don't understand but make sense...the french version is better but if you type german expressions into google you can get to an about page that has some useful stuff, random phrases that make you look like your native...ish
Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz : Cattle marking and beef labelling supervision duties delegation law

take that!
Reply 3
kadhumia_flo
Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz : Cattle marking and beef labelling supervision duties delegation law

take that!

haha :laugh:
Reply 4
ohhh I'm not looking forward to German writing - now thinking that maybe coursework would have been better! :s
Reply 5
:tongue:

Anyway, I thought aber=but ?
Reply 6
kadhumia_flo

take that!

it's actually Rinderkennzeichnungs- und Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz
haha i would redistribute the rep but its already been given :p:
Reply 8
cvat
it's actually Rinderkennzeichnungs- und Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

Somehow I doubt that will ever come up- but u never know...
Have you ppl revised for german - i think im gonna pass and revise for other subjects

PS: wand - wall
Reply 10
I haven't done any revision for German. I'm so glad we took the coursework option rather than the writing, at least its all over and done with and I know I've at least got 25% of the marks already. Makes up for my dire speaking I suppose.
Reply 11
knopf=button

for list/read im just revising vocab, and then writing just preparing key phrases lifted from oral prep.
im doing OCR, and we only have a reading test (7th june) - all our writing was on coursework
Reply 13
andy_cole2
wenn mann sich nicht modisch ankleidet ist man vollig aus, if one is unfashionable they are an outsider, or something like that...

I think you need a comma between ankleidet and ist to make the "verb, verb" form work correctly and get the credit for it.

I.e. Wenn Mann Sich nich modisch ankleidet, ist man vollig aus.
Reply 14
yeh i agree ^^

and if you want a random word............ gymnasium is a grammar school, turnhalle is a gym... just to be confusing...... :smile:
Reply 15
im doing ocr also only exam on 7th oh joy btw german is so ez :biggrin: lol probly find it ez coz in my culture i had to learn other languages such as hindi and gujarati so i find learning languages piss ez :] i wudda also done spanish,french,greek and latin if my school allowed me damn tight bastards :angry:
Reply 16
What is the best way to revise for a German listening test?? I find it so much easier when written down!!
schon = already
schön = pretty
Reply 18
MetroGnome
schon = already
schön = pretty

That's a good one

bereits- already
gute laune= good mood
schlechte laune= bad mood
Reply 19
x_alex_x
What is the best way to revise for a German listening test?? I find it so much easier when written down!!

i think vocab is the way forward...... especially useful to jot down translations in the reading time, i find. xXx

Latest