The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
As some of the long German words listed earlier seemed quite popular, here is my contribution:

tschechische Streichholzschächteichen

I think it means 'Czech matches'.

Anyway, try saying it... it's a real mouthful!! We spent a long time in our German lesson trying to say it at normal speed, and hardly any of us could!!
Reply 21
haha - just tried to say it out loud - got a few wierd looks form family! came out as shhhh sh sh shhh...
Reply 22
wot bout
Schlitt schuh laufen
it means ice skating
i said sh** in my oral... (instead of Schlitt
Reply 23
*Princess*
wot bout
Schlitt schuh laufen
it means ice skating

hehe thats hilarious!!!!!!!!!! wat did ur teacher do? did she correct you? or did they just let it pass as if it never happened? xXx
Reply 24
*Princess*
wot bout
Schlitt schuh laufen
it means ice skating

hehe thats hilarious!!!!!!!!!! wat did ur teacher do? did she correct you? or did they just let it pass as if it never happened? xXx
Reply 25
this is it guys........ tomorrow's the big day! just wanted to wish everyone bountiful amounts of luck! :smile:

lets hope the germs (or examiners, that is) aren't too mean to us.... xXx
Ahh german ist sehr langweilig :wink:
ich mochte eine a* fur alle meine GCSEs - aber das ist sehr imposibilicht
Reply 28
Unpredictable-shadow
Ahh german ist sehr langweilig :wink:

Nein, das ist falsch :tongue: Deutsch ist spass :smile:

Hmm, a year and a day after today, and I'll be taking my German test :redface:
yeah i've been trying to revise, but its always the stupid things that come up when you dont expect. I think its more about getting in the 'mood' for german, so you can work out the unexpected words and what they mean..

glad that i did good coursework and a good oral - despite my teacher asking me "wer is deine lieblingspolitiker" and "wie findest du David Cameron" :confused:
Reply 30
Hi. Does Anyone Know If We Are Allowed Dictinaries For The German Reading And/or Listening Exam Today? Please Replay Asap! Thanks. :smile:
tc123
Hi. Does Anyone Know If We Are Allowed Dictinaries For The German Reading And/or Listening Exam Today? Please Replay Asap! Thanks.

Well we haven't been told we're allowed...
Reply 32
so, how did people find it??? i would say it wasn't half as bad as i thought it would be............ but i don't want to speak to soon so i'll keep my mouth shut for now lol! xXx
Reply 33
napanda

She just smiled and said "Das ist sehr interessant" and I looked down at the table because I knew I would start laughing if I made eye contact with her
Reply 34
haha

class. thats all i have to say! :smile:

Latest