The Student Room Group

Any Point In Finishing This Year If I'm Changing Courses?

Hi!
So I'm currently coming to the end of my first year on a 3 year course, and I'm wanting to change to a completely new course for September. I was just wondering if it's necessary for me to finish and pass this year or if there isn't really much point.
I know it sounds stupid as I'm so close to the end, but the thought of finishing this year and the stress of placement, coursework etc literally makes me cry.
Thanks!
Original post by Clairef_xo
Hi!
So I'm currently coming to the end of my first year on a 3 year course, and I'm wanting to change to a completely new course for September. I was just wondering if it's necessary for me to finish and pass this year or if there isn't really much point.
I know it sounds stupid as I'm so close to the end, but the thought of finishing this year and the stress of placement, coursework etc literally makes me cry.
Thanks!

That depends on you:
Does your offer require you to complete the year? Did you state in your application that you would complete the year?

Also if you withdraw before the end of the summer (ie before mid/late August) then you will have to repay SLC for overpaid maintenance support (loans or grants). If you can afford to do that and you didn't promise to complete the year in your application for your new course then withdraw away.

Check your course handbook/university regulations too. Many universities will grant you a CertHE (HNC equivalent) if you complete the first year and get a pass mark. If you can claim an award it means your CV won't have any gaps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending