The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
when we went back to school after AS's the 1st week was off timetable for UCAS stuff and UCAS Fair an Birmingham Open Day and thats when i did mine, so this time last week take a week lol.
i did mine like a day before my college deadline (december)...a bit bad really but nethertheless i found it quite easy to construct because 3 days before that i had help from a uni lecturer who came to our college......she helped me strucure it and i wrote it a few days later.......i also did my boyfriends like 2 weeks ago but i got help from 2 tsr PS helpers hehe
Reply 22
I started mine like October last year for my 07 application, lol. Just whenever you're ready really. Obviously if you've got nothing to do you may as well get it started, as it can take a while to get a complete and good one done.
What I did was set myself a deadline (it was 6th November) when I'd send the application. Then I'd just start writing it about a week before the deadline. It worked for me cause I can't do anything like that properly until the last minute. Though, I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. I was so stressed out that week because I wanted to write a good statement that'd get me to my first choice uni. (Which it did. :wink: )
We started all the UCAS stuff, including personal statement, in mid June, after all the AS exams. Most people didn't actually do anything in that time and didn't end up submitting their applications until just before the January deadline, but I applied to Cambridge, so I planned and drafted it in June while I was still at school, worked on it over the summer and had the final draft done by late September/early October. I'd say now is a good time to start working on it if your deadline is October.
Reply 25
right nơw... i start thinking about it!!!
Reply 26
My sister started writing hers in January but then again she's applying to Oxford so she's really worried.
Started mine in August, and done it bit by bit. Eventually sent it off early-mid December.
I started it in September beginning, and wrote at least 3 completely different versions. And then I picked my best one and then edited countless times. I applied by the Oxford deadline.
Reply 29
I started writing my PS around Julyish. I would say the sooner you start writing it the better (even if you only do it in note form) because you are bound to keep rethinking it and rewriting it until it's perfect :smile:
Reply 30
i started mine during the summer.... i wrote about my interest and all that stuff but left the education part out... then somewhere in the middle of 1st term i completed the education bit.. oh and got some help from ps helpers.
Reply 31
I started mine in mid November.

Kept putting it off but then once I decided to sit down and write it I found it not too bad and wrote it in that one sitting!
Early October of A2, finished mid November.
My school will make us start this month with first/second drafts in by July...
And personally...I'm not looking forward to it...I've heard too many things like "PS is the/one of the most important thing on you form..." makes me scared... :p:
I wrote mine last year when I was bored and wasn't even sure I was going to apply yet! But when I started my application this year, it was SO much easier going off what I had written. I already had the outline and just had to edit my phrasing.

Start whenever you want. I've heard of people writing it the night before they apply... which doesn't sound like such a great idea.
Kollarrunt
This is extreeemely off-topic but megx, is that Nathan Petrelli on your avatar?

yes, yes it is :smile:

I wrote all of my UC personal statements in a span of about 3 hours, not right before they were due, but I just didn't spend much time on them.
ive already done my notes for my personal statement & my 1st draft last month for the 2008 applications frm this september. just needs to be edited to flow a lot better & to sound a lot better also. hoping to have it done for early/mid october given that they take longer to process mature student applications @ uni because they have to interview, so if ur a mature student may be worthwhile doing ps now.

Latest

Trending

Trending