The Student Room Group

Deadline for evidence?

Hi,
I have applied for the student finance.
The deadline of 29th of May is well promoted by the organisation. I have to submit my evidence '' asap '' but I can't. I need my passport for the 25th of May since I'm travelling and I don't have the national identity card (I'm still underage).
Should I just wait until I come back and not worry about it or..?
Original post by UnknownLad
Hi,
I have applied for the student finance.
The deadline of 29th of May is well promoted by the organisation. I have to submit my evidence '' asap '' but I can't. I need my passport for the 25th of May since I'm travelling and I don't have the national identity card (I'm still underage).
Should I just wait until I come back and not worry about it or..?

If you miss the deadline then you will not be guaranteed to receive your funding at the start of term in the Autumn. You'll still get funding but you might need to live off your savings or family money for the first term of university.

Call up SFE and ask if they'll accept any other evidence (birth certificate?)

SFE say they'll deal with evidence with 20 working days - if you sent off your passport today then you are likely to have it back before 25 May (that's just under the 20 days though - last week or the week before would have been better). Most people get their passport back within a fortnight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending