The Student Room Group

I am getting less student finance ?

So the same thing happened last year as well, where I got the lower payment and after a bit they processed my evidence and gave the remaining they owed me for the higher amount, it’s happened again this year, I’ve filled out the evidence form and sent of my parents income, anyone have any idea on when they’ll approve and give me my entitlement?
Original post by ammm1r
So the same thing happened last year as well, where I got the lower payment and after a bit they processed my evidence and gave the remaining they owed me for the higher amount, it’s happened again this year, I’ve filled out the evidence form and sent of my parents income, anyone have any idea on when they’ll approve and give me my entitlement?

Hi there, if you've applied late for this then once the evidence is processed you'd be backdated any monies owed to you. If you've sent the PFF2 form we advise 6 weeks as an estimated timescale for this to be processed. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, if you've applied late for this then once the evidence is processed you'd be backdated any monies owed to you. If you've sent the PFF2 form we advise 6 weeks as an estimated timescale for this to be processed. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason thank you for your informative reply, I have one more question if you could please help with this, so my first year studies in university which was the year 21/22 I applied for student finance however I received the least amount which was around £3500 if I’m correct, however I was fully entitled to the full amount, I did upload evidence but still got the lower amount, I spoke to a student finance advisor over the phone and he said if I upload the 21/22 PFF2 form with my parents income for tax year 19/20 I will be able to get my remaining entitlement this year, so what I missed in the first year, I spoke to a second advisor and she advised me that this may not be possible because the time limit for evidence is 9 months after, and then the third advisor told me there is no time limit to upload the PFF2 with the relevant information about the income, so I have done all of this and been told to wait up to 29 working days, I was entitled to full amount all three years, what would you advise? Have you ever had or heard cases like this ?
Original post by ammm1r
Hi Jason thank you for your informative reply, I have one more question if you could please help with this, so my first year studies in university which was the year 21/22 I applied for student finance however I received the least amount which was around £3500 if I’m correct, however I was fully entitled to the full amount, I did upload evidence but still got the lower amount, I spoke to a student finance advisor over the phone and he said if I upload the 21/22 PFF2 form with my parents income for tax year 19/20 I will be able to get my remaining entitlement this year, so what I missed in the first year, I spoke to a second advisor and she advised me that this may not be possible because the time limit for evidence is 9 months after, and then the third advisor told me there is no time limit to upload the PFF2 with the relevant information about the income, so I have done all of this and been told to wait up to 29 working days, I was entitled to full amount all three years, what would you advise? Have you ever had or heard cases like this ?

We do have a 9 month deadline for applying for the funding. So if you have applied late for 21/22 then you wouldn't be able to receive the higher amount backdated. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
We do have a 9 month deadline for applying for the funding. So if you have applied late for 21/22 then you wouldn't be able to receive the higher amount backdated. Thanks, Jason

I was told different, I was told by a member of staff at SFE that there is no time limit to upload the PFF2 form, and now I’m being told different? I was also told if I was eligible for my funding I will be able to receive it, I was eligible for the full funding and like I said in my previous message, I did upload evidence and I don’t know where it went, or if they even had a look at it, I was told I will be able to get my funding that I missed, I will give sfe a call about this
Original post by ammm1r
I was told different, I was told by a member of staff at SFE that there is no time limit to upload the PFF2 form, and now I’m being told different? I was also told if I was eligible for my funding I will be able to receive it, I was eligible for the full funding and like I said in my previous message, I did upload evidence and I don’t know where it went, or if they even had a look at it, I was told I will be able to get my funding that I missed, I will give sfe a call about this

You have 9 months from the start of your academic year to apply for funding. We had a soft guideline prior to the summer before the course starts as well. But allow applications and evidence up to 9 months after the course has began. That's the deadline for this for all years. Unless you have compelling evidence as to why you didn't apply at the time then the assessors wouldn't look to assess you for this I'm afraid. Thanks, Jason
Reply 6
You have 9 months from the start of your academic year to apply for funding. We had a soft guideline prior to the summer before the course starts as well. But allow applications and evidence up to 9 months after the course has began. That's the deadline for this for all years. Unless you have compelling evidence as to why you didn't apply at the time then the assessors wouldn't look to assess you for this I'm afraid. Thanks, Jason

I do have compelling evidence as to why I couldn’t apply properly for the full amount for first year, I was told different by a sfe staff I don’t understand why I would get told differently there and being told that there is no time limit to upload the pff2 form and one other advisor saying “if you just upload your pff2 with the relevant tax year information it will get reviewed and you will be given your remaining amount” I explained my situation and how I was throughout first year all because I didn’t get funded enough, which I do not want to go in depth about over here, I will be taking this further
Thank you for your reply
Original post by ammm1r
I do have compelling evidence as to why I couldn’t apply properly for the full amount for first year, I was told different by a sfe staff I don’t understand why I would get told differently there and being told that there is no time limit to upload the pff2 form and one other advisor saying “if you just upload your pff2 with the relevant tax year information it will get reviewed and you will be given your remaining amount” I explained my situation and how I was throughout first year all because I didn’t get funded enough, which I do not want to go in depth about over here, I will be taking this further
Thank you for your reply

We can't access accounts on this forum. If you want to discuss this further you'd need to call us on 0300 100 0607 and we'll be able to further assist. Thanks, Jason
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending