The Student Room Group

Student finance confusion

Hello,

I have recently applied for student finance, and my father has entered my mom's salary wrong, do we need to cancel this application and apply again?
There doesn't seem to be a cancel application option though, and research has shown me that I'd have to fill certain forms. Which I couldn't find? Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'm just a little anxious that the deadline is near. Thank you
Note that the deadline is just to ensure that your application is processed in time for the new academic year. You can still apply after the deadline it just means you may not have it in place at the start of the academic year. So I wouldn't worry overly much about that.

This seems like it's something they would be able to update though - I'd be surprised if you would need to cancel the application (normally you can only apply once per academic year anyway and so any changes would need to be done as a change to the application, not cancelling it and doing it again). Also presumably they would need to submit evidence of the income anyway and that evidence would supplant any amount entered before then in them determining your actual entitlement.

It's probably quickest to check the gov.uk information or call SFE to check though.
Original post by Revathi star
Hello,

I have recently applied for student finance, and my father has entered my mom's salary wrong, do we need to cancel this application and apply again?
There doesn't seem to be a cancel application option though, and research has shown me that I'd have to fill certain forms. Which I couldn't find? Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'm just a little anxious that the deadline is near. Thank you

Hi there,

If the salary entered was wrong then we would need your parents to complete the PFF2 form

https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf

and upload this to your account along with evidence of their earnings from the 21/22 tax year (this can be a P60 or final wage slip etc)

This will then reassess your funding in a 6-8 week timescale. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending