The Student Room Group

Leeds, Liverpool or Sheffield??? Please help.

So I'm having a really difficult time at the moment. I have until the 4th of May to make my decision regarding my first choice and insurance choice, and I really don't know what to do. I have offers from (University of) Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield and Edinburgh, and whilst I have ruled Edinburgh I can't make a decision between the other three.
As Liverpool is my lowest offer (ABB) it will probably be my insurance, unless I decide against the other two. I love the city and the university, and the politics course, but it's not as highly ranked as I would like. However, it does give me the chance to minor in French which is something I would love to do.
I like the city of Sheffield, and I rather like the university as a whole but I was rather underwhelmed by the International Relations and Politics course, as well as by the politics building, etc. During one of the open day talks, I felt like I was sat in church due to the style of the benches, and I just wasn't feeling it although I know that shouldn't be enough to rule it out.
I didn't have the chance to go to a talk about International Relations at Leeds, so I'm not really sure about it. There was some v nice accommodation, but some of it was awful. I also wasn't that big a fan of the city.
If anyone could advise me about these universities, and these courses in particularly, I would be eternally thankful. I need all the help I can get at this point.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by giveupbeth
So I'm having a really difficult time at the moment. I have until the 4th of May to make my decision regarding my first choice and insurance choice, and I really don't know what to do. I have offers from (University of) Leeds, Liverpool, Sheffield and Edinburgh, and whilst I have ruled Edinburgh I can't make a decision between the other three.
As Liverpool is my lowest offer (ABB) it will probably be my insurance, unless I decide against the other two. I love the city and the university, and the politics course, but it's not as highly ranked as I would like. However, it does give me the chance to minor in French which is something I would love to do.
I like the city of Sheffield, and I rather like the university as a whole but I was rather underwhelmed by the International Relations and Politics course, as well as by the politics building, etc. During one of the open day talks, I felt like I was sat in church due to the style of the benches, and I just wasn't feeling it although I know that shouldn't be enough to rule it out.
I didn't have the chance to go to a talk about International Relations at Leeds, so I'm not really sure about it. There was some v nice accommodation, but some of it was awful. I also wasn't that big a fan of the city.
If anyone could advise me about these universities, and these courses in particularly, I would be eternally thankful. I need all the help I can get at this point.

Sorry not much help at all here.. just wondering what uni you decided with in the end? I applied for a course at Sheffield and literally last week changed to the International Relations and Politics course without going to any open day, if you don't mind me asking - what was it about Sheffield that you didn't like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending