The Student Room Group

What’s your preferred exam position?

Poll

Where would you rather sit in an exam?

Like sex positions, but less sexy.

I find where I am sitting in an exam can affect performance:
-Sitting at the back is by far the best position; you could easily keep an eye on how much everyone else is writing and pin-point the person who does those funny sneezes and stuff.

-Sitting at a wall is the second best, mainly for the ability of sitting comfortably knowing that you can stare at a fixed point in the room (the wall) when finished (if not allowed to leave until the end) without other people thinking you’re a weirdo. You only have to blank people from one direction, too.

-Sitting at the centre of an exam room is by far the worst. There will be faces surrounding you- people glancing from all directions trying to see how much you’ve written and pulling faces. There’s also no single direction that you can stare (in comparison with a wall seat for example).

-Sitting at the front is also foul-play. Especially if you’re in a packed exam hall: you’re basically leading an army. The people at the front seats will be the most looked at, there will be a huge amount of strange noises coming from behind, you will have little understanding of how much everyone else is doing, and any of your glances back will immediately be met with the stares of the rows behind.

My perfect seat would be the bottom right hand corner. Give me that seat and I won’t even bother doing the exam because I’ll be so satisfied with the position alone.

Where do you prefer to sit?
:smile:
I prefer not to sit the exam at all tbh

To answer the question tho somewhere at the back I guess
(edited 7 years ago)
On the edge of my chair.
Near the exit
Reply 4
Sexam position.
I always hated sitting anywhere in the exam hall, though the worst part is waiting for ages for it to start, as somehow literally half the people there forget they need a black pen, so they have to be handed out, when all I want to do is start the exam!

I thankfully now type my exams, and the best part about that isn't using a computer - it's being in a small, separate room with just a few others. Less noise, no stress of seating, and we start quicker.
Reply 6
I like the front. Gives me a feeling of superiority, and the fact I can't see other people makes it less distracting :yep:
My favourite position in exams is curled up on the floor crying
At the back, obviously :sexface:
Under the desk in a brace position? :redface:

But really, closer to the front. I had one exam where I could not hear a word the invigilator was saying (and I have quite good hearing) and neither could the people around me, and we were all looking around, wondering whether we should start. I think the invigilator was at fault here anyway.
Anywhere but the middle. That moment during the exam you look up and it hits you hard you're doing the exam.

Trust me, at that moment you don't wanna be on the middle.

Quick Reply

Latest