The Student Room Group

haven't revised over easter!

i haven't done ANY revision over the two weeks we have had off and... i regret it so much! my first a level exam is on the 16th of next month and i have all 7 of my exams within two weeks. i got 6 As and 5 A*s at GCSE with absolute minimal revision and i'm aiming for AABB this year :/ is it too late? if i start doing *proper*, dedicated revision from tomorrow/tues is there any chance i will do ok?
(edited 10 years ago)
How did your mocks go? Instead of stressing, you should really get down and do the work now (i know that's incredibly difficult to do though).
So I think you should make a few aims that you want to achieve by the end of the holidays. E.g. one past paper for each exam and go through the paper, making notes on topics you didn't understand etc.
And then using these aims, figure out how much time it will take in total, divide up the time in to days. So for example using the previous aim, say that it will take you 16 hours. If you have 2 days left, then do 8 hours per day with breaks etc.
Then stick to your schedule!
You've got a month. That's plenty of time if you spend it well.
Reply 3
Possible, sure. Would get better if you had started revision earlier unless you're naturally good at your subjects. It's still possible but needs dedication. Plenty of people with the same GCSEs or better who didn't revise much for them can completely fail AS. Unless you're some kind of genius there is no way you will get straight A's or similar without revision.
Just start revising now. I don't really understand the point of this thread tbh - revision is always beneficial, no matter how late you start.
Original post by Paralove
Plenty of people with the same GCSEs or better who didn't revise much for them can completely fail AS.

In that situation! I did pretty well at GCSE, went into AS thinking I wouldn't have to worry and now I'm struggling :redface:

Depends how you're doing now! If you're getting those grades at the moment you should be alright (but start revising now to be on the safe side), do a couple of past papers or something to see how you're getting on. If you're getting below your chances aren't amazing but it could be possible - a month is a fairly long time :smile: Good luck!
Reply 6
thank you!
i got BBCC in my mocks without revision. you're all right and worrying whether i have enough time is pointless, i'm just gonna start some dedicated revision as soon as possible (tomorrow)!!! thanks again. i feel better now. no longer on the verge of a panic attack, lol
Reply 7
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Just start revising now. I don't really understand the point of this thread tbh - revision is always beneficial, no matter how late you start.

i'm gonna write this out and stick it on my wall! i think it's just i needed some mental reassurance that there's still hope for me haha
Reply 8
Original post by heaven97
i haven't done ANY revision over the two weeks we have had off and... i regret it so much! my first a level exam is on the 16th of next month and i have all 7 of my exams within two weeks. i got 6 As and 5 A*s at GCSE with absolute minimal revision and i'm aiming for AABB this year :/ is it too late? if i start doing *proper*, dedicated revision from tomorrow/tues is there any chance i will do ok?

Why did you not!!! Well, do you know the content of all your subjects then? May I ask what you do? Start NOW!!!!!!!! Literally, get your arse of that computer and hit the books. Good Luck mate :smile:
Revision is about quality and quantity Start as soon as possible but don't over do it as becomes tedious and can cause more problems with over revising and losing interest. I did this last year so I know what it is like.

Good luck mate.:smile:
Reply 10
revising is for fags dont bother bro
Original post by heaven97

Very late answer but this is moreso for others in the same position: Not a problem at my school, teachers will give you work to FORCE you to revise over easter (so much for making us independent) anyway, do NOT revise intensively each day as it'll tire you out and plenty of stuff will go over your head.
Once you get off for study leave, make a timetable and come INTO school if you're allowed (hear me out) and organise times to go up to teachers to do independent revision in their classrooms, it may be different for you, but in my experience I've found it much easier to do revision whilst I'm in a learning environment, at home there's plenty of distractions but when you're in school you'd normally feel in a more disciplined focused state and work more effectively. The timetable doesn't have to be your regular school timetable, it could be much more preferable in terms of timings of subjects, the teachers you go to. And it means when you go home at 3pm or whenever school ends that's you done for the day

Quick Reply

Latest