The Student Room Group

University exam revision

Is 4 weeks so 28 days enough to revise for four university final year exams. any advice on how much revision I should do per day?
Reply 1
Rather depends on your starting position doesn't it?
If it's all you've got the question is irrelevant. Start with your plan. What grade(s) can you reasonably expect for each exam and how hard will you find each subject to master. You need to decide the weighting to attach to your revision. You work until you reach the point of diminishing marginal returns.

Seek help from your institution/tutor(s)/fellow students.

Can you resit/retake any exams which will lead to the question should you? There, the pertinent question will be are you 'revising' or actually 'studying'?

Usually I would close with good luck but I think "bon chance" would be more appropriate.
Reply 2
Original post by Grizwuld
Rather depends on your starting position doesn't it?
If it's all you've got the question is irrelevant. Start with your plan. What grade(s) can you reasonably expect for each exam and how hard will you find each subject to master. You need to decide the weighting to attach to your revision. You work until you reach the point of diminishing marginal returns.

Seek help from your institution/tutor(s)/fellow students.

Can you resit/retake any exams which will lead to the question should you? There, the pertinent question will be are you 'revising' or actually 'studying'?

Usually I would close with good luck but I think "bon chance" would be more appropriate.

Hi, so you are saying it is not possible to achieve 2.1/1st in my exams? Today i revised a lot and managed to cover quite a lot of one of my modules. I'm just trying to understand how many hrs of studying is reasonable and required?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, so you are saying it is not possible to achieve 2.1/1st in my exams? Today i revised a lot and managed to cover quite a lot of one of my modules. I'm just trying to understand how many hrs of studying is reasonable and required?

Hi,
It is possible to get 2:1 or a first in your exams, but the question is, how long does it take you to revise a unit of one module? Some people can revise for an exam 2 days before and get a 1st, whereas some need weeks to revise and will get 40%.
How long did it take you to revise for the module you did today? From there, work out how many hours you are willing to study a day and whether you can complete each module a week before the exam (to practice past papers) with the pace you're going at right now. If yes, then keep going. If not, you need to spend less time but make the time more meaningful. I recommend having a strict schedule with relevant breaks, like 8am-6pm.
Hopefully, this helps. Good luck with studying, and as long as you have tried your best, be happy with whatever grade you get because you worked for it!! 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending