The Student Room Group

Which gcse option is better to pick and more easier and less stressful???

What’s the best combo (gcse) with Photography,Business,(History or CS),Triple Science,English lit and lang,maths which fits with that combo and is more easier less stressful and the subject people do more well in History or Computer Science such an hard decision and btw wanna become a pharmacist the subjects wanna pick the easier one the ones I’ve picked are quite ez but don’t know about this one history or computer science such a hard decision to make man which do you think I should go for if was in my position/situation thanksss???
Original post by aryc_30
What’s the best combo (gcse) with Photography,Business,(History or CS),Triple Science,English lit and lang,maths which fits with that combo and is more easier less stressful and the subject people do more well in History or Computer Science such an hard decision and btw wanna become a pharmacist the subjects wanna pick the easier one the ones I’ve picked are quite ez but don’t know about this one history or computer science such a hard decision to make man which do you think I should go for if was in my position/situation thanksss???

I would just go for the subjects you enjoy the most because it will most likely be less stressful if you take subjects you enjoy. As long as you know you would be able to cope I think it would be fine.
Reply 2
Ye ik that I’ve chosen the ones I enjoy but now have to pick 1 more and it’s history or computer science the worst hardest ones bro hate writing essays for history and computer science apparently is hard and people did so bad this ye and got 4s idk which to go for which would you pick if was in my situation/position???

Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would just go for the subjects you enjoy the most because it will most likely be less stressful if you take subjects you enjoy. As long as you know you would be able to cope I think it would be fine.
Original post by aryc_30
Ye ik that I’ve chosen the ones I enjoy but now have to pick 1 more and it’s history or computer science the worst hardest ones bro hate writing essays for history and computer science apparently is hard and people did so bad this ye and got 4s idk which to go for which would you pick if was in my situation/position???

Do you enjoy computer science? If you enjoy you will be more willing to spend more time on it in order to do well. I get the feeling you don't actually like history all that much, so I would probably go for CS.
Original post by aryc_30

As I did both history and computer science gcse… personally, I found history harder. Im my mocks, my hand was unable to write legible hand writing and fast enough to answer the question. So I got permission to type in the exam. It was the fact that you had to write essay responses that made it harder to me than computer science. Although I enjoyed learning about history, it was doing the actual exam I didnt enjoy

Computer science I enjoyed more - I actively read the textbook in my spare time, and my teacher praised my improvement in year 9. It served as my motivation to continually work hard.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by aryc_30

Which exam board are you doing for computer science? I personally found computer science aqa was one of my easiest gcses but I know people who did ocr found it very difficult. Not sure if that is worth considering.
Original post by scar-the-queen
Which exam board are you doing for computer science? I personally found computer science aqa was one of my easiest gcses but I know people who did ocr found it very difficult. Not sure if that is worth considering.

I did OCR, the NEA was stressful and enjoyable. I know that AQA dont have a NEA
Reply 7
My school do ocr for CS so should I pick it or do edexel history (writing essays) which would you go for if you were in my situation/position (recommend)???

Original post by BankaiGintoki
Reply 8
OMG im doing OCR so should i pick it also my school do edexel history (writing essays) which should I do if you were in my position (recommendation)???

Original post by scar-the-queen
Reply 9
My school do OCR so should I pick it also history is Edexel so which should I pick wanna pick the easier and less stressful one which one do you recommend for me???

Reply 10
Good point I do enjoy CS more then history i love hating python and learning flowcharts,binary and algorithms but should i listen to the people that say is so hard or should I do it from my preference could be my biggest regret but I am picking CS as it stands rn because history i find it boring same to geography like i think of the subject fun but exam essays are boring and don’t wanna do that so if you were in my position should I choose CS over history or the other way what do you think and recommend thankss???

Original post by flowersinmyhair
Do you enjoy computer science? If you enjoy you will be more willing to spend more time on it in order to do well. I get the feeling you don't actually like history all that much, so I would probably go for CS.
Reply 11
What’s that mate???
Original post by aryc_30
OMG im doing OCR so should i pick it also my school do edexel history (writing essays) which should I do if you were in my position (recommendation)???

I’m not sure sorry. I didn’t do history gcse or ocr computer science so I’m not in the best position to give advice. I suppose it does come down to a matter of personal preference and which you enjoy more.
Reply 15
Can someone tell me which is better to pick personally from your experience also which did everyone get a better grade in OCR CS OR EDEXEL HISTORY AND WHAT IS IN THE GCSE PAPER???
Original post by aryc_30
Can someone tell me which is better to pick personally from your experience also which did everyone get a better grade in OCR CS OR EDEXEL HISTORY AND WHAT IS IN THE GCSE PAPER???

Which is better depends on the person. No one can pick for you, nor should you be convinced just because someone said it is easier. You should know by now, it has been a week, whether you want to do computer science or history. If you dont, go on senecalearning and do some of the lessons linked with your subject and exam board. See if you enjoy it

Quick Reply

Latest