The Student Room Group

Mann-Whitney U stat test

Hello I'm a biology student currently doing coursework in sixth form.

I have to do this Mann-Whitney U test for some data I have collected and have calculated a U value of 0.

I have to use a confidence interval of 5% and I have a critical value of 13 (so the difference between my calculated value and critical is 13).

Does this mean I reject my null hypothesis or not? I'm very confused, help much appreciated :smile:
If your calculated value is higher than your critical value than there is a difference and you reject the null hypothesis.

I can post a sheet that shows you step by step instructions on how to calculate everything to do with the Mann-Whitney U if you'd like?
Original post by bluemadhatter
If your calculated value is higher than your critical value than there is a difference and you reject the null hypothesis.

I can post a sheet that shows you step by step instructions on how to calculate everything to do with the Mann-Whitney U if you'd like?

yes please.
That would be very much appreciated, thank you :smile:
Original post by Matthew_Jackson_
yes please.

okay give me a couple minutes
Original post by Matthew_Jackson_
yes please.

Snapchat-8945099648337328346.jpg[
Attachment not found

any questions just ask :smile:

(you can zoom in if you need to read it)
Original post by bluemadhatter

Hi I have completed a question on the Mann Whitney test however I mm a bit stuck could I send it your way?

Quick Reply

Latest