The Student Room Group

Aqa art need an answer a.s.a.p

Hello!
Anyways, GCSE's are going well and for some reason I'm actually looking forward for the Exams.......
Anyways, I was predicted a B in Art and my teacher told me it could go to an A with enough work, however I've only just realised....

I MAY HAVE LOST MY ART PAD.

I remember getting my old Year 9 Art pad, and I know I threw one away, however I'm starting to think it may have been my YEAR 10 ART PAD!

Anyway, I would like to know, If I could still get a B?
All my big pieces which I did in year 10 are still safe, however my actual art pad is missing.....(sad times)

Do you think I could still get a B? Did anyone get a B with little to no work?
Please tell me all you can.
Thanks in Advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Bulletzone
Hello!
Anyways, GCSE's are going well and for some reason I'm actually looking forward for the Exams.......
Anyways, I was predicted a B in Art and my teacher told me it could go to an A with enough work, however I've only just realised....

I MAY HAVE LOST MY ART PAD.

I remember getting my old Year 9 Art pad, and I know I threw one away, however I'm starting to think it may have been my YEAR 10 ART PAD!

Anyway, I would like to know, If I could still get a B?
All my big pieces which I did in year 10 are still safe, however my actual art pad is missing.....(sad times)

Do you think I could still get a B? Did anyone get a B with little to no work?
Please tell me all you can.
Thanks in Advance.

Woah, you lost your sketchbook?! I don't do GCSE art, but I would definitely let your teacher know. I would also try and 'recreate' the sketchbook - if its redundancy would be detrimental to my final grade. But honestly, tell your teacher - they can give you the best advice.
Reply 2
If this is the 60% sketchbook you will fail, if it is the 40% you could get a C if you have full UMS in the 60%.
Reply 3
Original post by okey
If this is the 60% sketchbook you will fail, if it is the 40% you could get a C if you have full UMS in the 60%.

No, Please listen. I lost one of my Artpads, I have other's but that is just one of them. All the big pieces that I did in year 10 are still safe, it's just my actual Art pad.

Original post by hannahrobinsxn
Woah, you lost your sketchbook?! I don't do GCSE art, but I would definitely let your teacher know. I would also try and 'recreate' the sketchbook - if its redundancy would be detrimental to my final grade. But honestly, tell your teacher - they can give you the best advice.

My teacher does know and she says she shall look for it.
Reply 4
No, Please listen. I lost one of my Artpads, I have other's but that is just one of them. All the big pieces that I did in year 10 are still safe, it's just my actual Art pad.

My teacher does know and she says she shall look for it.

Is it for the coursework or the exam
I got a 68/80 for Unit 1 which is the Coursework and I recently did my exam - I think I can get an A*. What would I need to get A* overall?
Reply 6
Original post by okey
Is it for the coursework or the exam

Yes, It goes to my final GCSE .-.
60% of Grade is Coursework
40% is the Actual 10 Hour Exam
Original post by hello8888
I got a 68/80 for Unit 1 which is the Coursework and I recently did my exam - I think I can get an A*. What would I need to get A* overall?

Bruh
Reply 7
Yes, It goes to my final GCSE .-.
60% of Grade is Coursework
40% is the Actual 10 Hour Exam

Bruh

most students have 2 sketchbooks, one for the 60% coursework and one for the 40% exam along with pieces for each. Which one of these books have you lost?
Reply 8
Original post by okey
most students have 2 sketchbooks, one for the 60% coursework and one for the 40% exam along with pieces for each. Which one of these books have you lost?

The 60% one......I have 16 Days to look for it, so if it's not here then Idk
Reply 9

I'm not aiming for An A*, however Do you think I can still get a B if my Pieces for my coursework are good?
Reply 10

You should definitely try to find it because the pieces will gain you very little credit. Even if you had full marks in the exam you would still be 40 UMS off a C.

So in other words you wouldn't be able to get a C without the coursework.
Original post by okey
You should definitely try to find it because the pieces will gain you very little credit. Even if you had full marks in the exam you would still be 40 UMS off a C.

So in other words you wouldn't be able to get a C without the coursework.

Damn son....Thanks I'll do my best :frown:
If I don't find it then I dunno XD
Reply 12
I think you should start a new sketch book if you still haven't found it! Draw as much as you can in the remaining days you have. You need your sketchbook with drawings in it to get a decent grade. You still need simple drawings with your big ones to show that you have made progress.
(i got an A* in gcse)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending