The Student Room Group

"Glory to Allah" to be plastered over buses in London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Oh my goodness.... whatever happened to 'freedom of speech'..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing.

That's why people can say what they want, and others can criticise them for saying it.

Why? What did you think had happened to it?
Original post by Omen96
This is all the proof you need if you doubted that majority of left wingers are actually Muslim. They have shown 0 opposition to this policy, it's disgraceful they are promoting fascism

Lol, I didn't even know it was happening, but I'm completely against all forms of public religious advertising in commercial locations, such as on billboards or the sides of buses, or on TV, etc. Most left wing people that I know are as well.

In fact, it's usually Conservatives who are in favour of allowing religious promotion and it is also a policy of the Right to permit and promote sectarian education - that's why the Tories are rushing the Free Schools programme, as it allows parents from religious minorities to run their own weirdo educational setups outside of government control. I include Tony Blair in this definition of 'Right', as his government started this campaign of toadying to bizarre Christian and other religious sects.
Original post by Camila Cabello
As a secular country what is wrong with private companies purchasing such advertising space?

The only problem is that Islamic Relief are (ostensibly) "government-backed", remove the government funding and there's no problem.

Some of the opinions expressed here are against this are pathetic, you either support secularism and freedom of speech/religion or you don't. Please decide.

Islam is considered a direct incitement to violence by most Muslims, is it OK to incite violence because it's a religion. Don't you think a line is crossed when someone is calling for murder or rape or slavery or genocide, because Muslims tell us that's what Islam is doing.

Is that speech protected because it's religious? Do you like that you have become a de facto apologist for religious extremism ?
Don't people have a right to preserve/protect their way of life?

We need to stand and fight this, by any means
Original post by Omen96
This is all the proof you need if you doubted that majority of left wingers are actually Muslim. They have shown 0 opposition to this policy, it's disgraceful they are promoting fascism

It's a conspiracy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending