The Student Room Group

Is there something wrong with me?

Last year I had a pretty bad experience with this girl I like. Eventually, after a lot of stuff happened, she rejected me for this douchebag. Ever since that moment, I haven't felt like myself. I don't like people's company and I prefer to be alone (with the exception of my best friend who is the only one I open up to anymore). I don't like to talk to anyone either and that's where the trouble lies. I'm good at maths and sciences (I've got a string of 100%s in the last few tests I have done) but when people ask me for help, I don't like to purely because of my lack of interest in interaction with people. This kinda lead to me being branded as "arrogant" and "socially inept" by people at my school and a few of my teachers as well. Also, the other day one of my best friend's friend told me that she liked me and I didn't know what to do and I kinda left without saying anything. I don't know what to do. Is there something wrong with me?
Original post by qwerty0301
Last year I had a pretty bad experience with this girl I like. Eventually, after a lot of stuff happened, she rejected me for this douchebag. Ever since that moment, I haven't felt like myself. I don't like people's company and I prefer to be alone (with the exception of my best friend who is the only one I open up to anymore). I don't like to talk to anyone either and that's where the trouble lies. I'm good at maths and sciences (I've got a string of 100%s in the last few tests I have done) but when people ask me for help, I don't like to purely because of my lack of interest in interaction with people. This kinda lead to me being branded as "arrogant" and "socially inept" by people at my school and a few of my teachers as well. Also, the other day one of my best friend's friend told me that she liked me and I didn't know what to do and I kinda left without saying anything. I don't know what to do. Is there something wrong with me?

You did say bye though right?
Reply 2
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
You did say bye though right?

Kinda wish I did but I didn't..
Kinda wish I did but I didn't..

How long ago did this happen to you? The girl rejecting you?
Reply 4
Original post by ilikechinesefood
How long ago did this happen to you? The girl rejecting you?

Around December 2015
Reply 5
After what you've been through I'm not surprised, it takes time to get ovet something like what you have had happen to you and your confidence may well have taken a knock but don't in any way let it affect your studies because you need to focus your mind on the work aswell as keeping in touch with mates and friends.

I would recommend that you try talking to the girl who said she liked you and take it slowly, find out where your both coming from before you even begin talking about a potential relationship but don't launch right into it, the important thing is to take your time, get to know her and let her ask questions about your life, what things you like and dislike, also ask her what she likes and dislikes you know find that common ground where you both have the same interests and slowly build it up from there because if she is serious about you and you feel the same way then you need to get talking to her as soon as possible but also apologise for walking away that day and only if she asks why then explain but if she says its ok then leave it at that and see if she would like to meet you for a coffee someday and if she says "as a date" don't turn her down because that will be the start of what could be something special. She may even be able to help you begin to sort your problems out likw my other half did for me and I have been with her now for almost 14 years and during that time I have been to hell and back several times and all these times my other half has been there and I am sure that if you let this girl who said she liked you that she will be able to help you.

The important thing is, if this girl can help you, please let her help you.

Lol mate this is textbook friendzoning.

Google "The Red Pill".

You can thank me now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending