The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

could you show the rise in indirect tax by just showing a movement along the demand curve and how demand falls as price rises?
Also for the LRAC graph question where you had to show what graph would gain monpoly power, what was the answer?
Reply 282
For context 2 I did my first point on tax and I managed to analyse it extensively with diagrams as well as evaluate it really well. But for my second point I managed to analyse it well but I didn't have time to do much if any evaluation and only manged a brief conclusion. Could I still realistically achieve 18 or 19 out of 25?
Reply 283
[QUOTE=Noioiiiic;64848473]could you show the rise in indirect tax by just showing a movement along the demand curve and how demand falls as price rises?

I hope you could...

For the diagram question (4marks) was t simply shift to left in D??
Original post by Pussy King
Can anybody remember the answer to the question about labour productivity?

I put it is when out decreases faster than workers employed decreases or something along those lines...
Will anyone release an unofficial markscheme
Where can I find a thread for the old spec???
For the 10 marker we don't need to include discussion right? Like for the Indirect tax one, you just talk about how it would affect consumption. You don't talk about PED and stuff right?
Original post by sharmonraja
You were meant to evaluate regulation as a policy, and then maybe include some other alternative policies

Yeah i spoke about regulation and tax but some people in my class wrote about the free market aswell which seemed wrong
context 2 calculation question-

what did people get because I divided 44.01 by 7 to get 6.29 but i've seen other answers and i'm worried i pressed the wrong button by mistake or something. I know its only 4 marks but i'm counting on the easy short answer questions to make up for the terrible multi choice
Reply 290
Original post by Starmock99
For the 10 marker we don't need to include discussion right? Like for the Indirect tax one, you just talk about how it would affect consumption. You don't talk about PED and stuff right?

No 10 markers are about chains of reasoning so you dont need to evaluate and talk about inelastic demand just define key terms, quote the data a couple times and explain effects of indirect tax.
Reply 291
How bad is it that i didnt do that much evaluation for my last point and did a small concluion but still managed to get good eval and analysis in my first point. Could i still get 19/25
Original post by hbaig27
Yeah i spoke about regulation and tax but some people in my class wrote about the free market aswell which seemed wrong

i wrote about the free market! like adam smith and the invisible hand! then just showed what a demerit good would look like on a S&D diagram, and all the **** it would lead to n stuff... really you can write about anything so long as it's relevant
Original post by Noioiiiic
could you show the rise in indirect tax by just showing a movement along the demand curve and how demand falls as price rises?

With an indirect tax you move the supply curve to the left and show the two areas of the rectangles which show producer and consumer tax
I only talked about regulation being taxes. Is this wrong?
For the 25 marker I wrote about--- Point 1: For regulation. Against Regulation
Point 2:For tax, Against Tax
Point 3: For free market. Against free market
Conclusion; Tax is the best way.
Btw I picked context 2!!!
Reply 296
What did you guys put done for the market price falling but the firm being more profitable or reducing its losses
So.... when you pick which context to answer, did you have to tick or fill in a box to say which you picked? Because I didn't see one, then forgot to check at the end. And if there was and I missed it, would they find my answers, given that I chose the second context?!
Aaaaaarrrgghghh
Original post by Tahret
Lmao it has exceptions g...

Check the spec - Veblen goods and speculative demand lead to upward sloping demand curves. In fact just check Google.

Some schools don't teach that, I certainly wasn't, the examiners will probably go by the general assumption of the law of demand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending