The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Just started that question will reply in a few mins!
i took C3 and S1 in january so after doing 5 modules, i need 33 UMS in C4 to get an A overall. I've still revised but not as much as I could be doing given that i know I don't have to score highly. I don't want to get too complacent though and miss out on gettin an A in maths (that would be so stupid). Ah well i'm going to continue revising and see what happens.
Reply 82
Got as far as

Try...

(integral)dV / 20 - kV = (integral)dt

-1/k ln|20-kV|= t + C

ln(20-kV) = -kt +c

t=0 V=0 therefore C = ln20

ln(20-kV)=-kt + ln20

kt= ln20 - ln(20-KV)

kt = ln(20/(20-kV)

20/(20-KV) = e^kt

kV =20 - 20e^-kt

V= 20/K - ((1/k).(20e^-kt))

A = 20/k

B = -20/K
Reply 83
gold_dust
it does work, as lander is 1/2. Thanks so much!!!

Lambda. :P
Reply 84
I've still got a third of integration left, and vectors to do before tomorow.

I've never learnt vectors. I'm ****ED

Dear God - I'm so close on an A as well, just need to do well tomorow.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Regards
A calm and serene Ourkid
Reply 85
OK Thanks so much :biggrin:
Reply 86
Has anyone been doing the Solomon paper, im finding them SOOO difficult, jsut did Paper E and the questions are just soo tricky! Is everyone else finding Solomon difficult or am i just under prepared!?
Reply 87
It's fine, I dont have a clue what it means, just I have the markscheme :biggrin:

Ah **** I really should do some work!
Reply 88
solomon tend to be harder... look at priorexams.com if you want some edexcel papers.
Reply 89
if your getting high Bs that quite good i reckon

they are defo slightly thougher....but i prefer doing them so you can get expeirence and makes the actual exam little easier to do i guess?!
Yeah you're right, solomons are damn hard man.............I just finished the lot and maan..........if they ever give those sums for the xm, i am so dead!

I just hope that for tomorrow's paper, they don't give too many marks on differential equations and vectors, perhaps 5 marks each? :p: :p:
Reply 91
Jan 06 was a good paper
On January 2006 7.c it asks you...

Given that V=0 when t=0, solve the differential equation dV/dt = 1000/(2t+1)^2 to obtain V in terms of t.

I get the answer right, its just where the answer says -500/2t+1, i get -1000/2t+1

can anyone tell me how i'm wrong please?
Reply 93
Just done the Jan '07 past exam and found it pretty straight forward and thought the questions were really quite nice (for a C4 exam).

Which is a shame because that means they're probably going to make tomorrow's a killer. :frown: Bah!

Can't wait to never have to do maths again. :biggrin:
Reply 94
I must be the only one who finds they can do Solomon better than they can do the actual past papers!

Really not ready for this exam whatsoever! Can't answer a single q off the past papers :frown:
Reply 95
so unprepared! hope it's a hard exam so everyone does crap so the grade boundaries are low! :wink:
58 - A in C4 Jan 07. Obviously people doing it in Jan didn't think it was easy. So chances are they might make this one easier :smile:.
Reply 97
Juice05
dr/dt = dr/dv x dv/dt

1 (one long space) 1000
--------- x -----------
4(pie)r^2 (space) (2t+1)^2

= 250
-----
(pie)r^2(2t+1)^2

Ah Smeg! hope you still understand despite the layout!

JAN 06 - (7b)

I think there's a mistake in the question

Shouldn't it be dv/dt = 1000/(2t+1)^2

and NOT dv/dr = 1000/(2t+1)

???
Reply 98
insparato
58 - A in C4 Jan 07. Obviously people doing it in Jan didn't think it was easy. So chances are they might make this one easier :smile:.

how did u find that out?
Found a UMS sheet on the internet.

Latest