The Student Room Group

New-style AS grades effect on Uni medicine offers

Im currently sitting my AS exams, and I am worried about my results not being good enough to get into medicine, as even though my predict grades are all A's, I don't think my actual exams are going that well.
As Bio and chem are in the new style AS, these won't count towards my final A2 grade, so I was wondering if I can get my teachers to give me high A2 predictions, would the universities not look too much into my AS and will instead look more into my GCSE's and UKCAT score when I sit it?
I would prefer not to take a year out, and I am willing to work very hard in my A2s.
I hope I've explained that well but basically I was wondering how much the new-style of A2/AS examinations will effect offers given out by universities for medicine. Thanks!
I'm not 100% sure but I think universities are going to be heavily relying on your predicted grades for A2, but more importantly when it comes to actually applying, the most important thing is work experience - especially volunteering - at least this is what my teachers have told me! Also, when you apply via UCAS you will have to put in your AS grades, but if you are doing the linear chem and bio course, then your AS grades don't really matter, I think, check with your school...I hope this makes sense? Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending