The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thevamps99xo
I hope that there are many happy students on results day :smile:

I feel like all my hard work will be wasted, as these AS exams don't count towards anything :frown: at least they'll give me an indication of what to improve on next year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you've put in enough effort to do as well as you want, don't stress too much (like me 😭). That's right, it will tell you how you're doing and what you need to work on. 👍🏾
Original post by tanyapotter
oh right, sorry! i confused you with another user beginning with R (runner something? he was doing scottish highers so i assumed he'd know by now if he made his offer which is why i was asking :tongue:)

my offer was A*AAA with the A* in maths and AAA in physics, further maths and german, but i didn't firm it. i don't even know if i want to do mechanical engineering anymore so i'm going to either take a gap year and reapply for EEE/compsci or see what's available in adjustment in other places, depending on how much i've messed up my a-levels...how are you feeling about your offer - do you think you'll make it? imperial are so ridiculously high sometimes.. some chemistry people literally have an A*A*A* offer to meet!!

btw, c3 ****ed me up monumetally so i've for sure missed the A* in maths and that limits my chances for loads of great unis which sucks but oh well..

Yeah that's good, explore your options you don't want to be unhappy!

And yeah imperial's offers are crazy, I deem A*A*A to be pretty low for compsci, 3 a levels and no step makes me fortunate. I'm relatively happy with my exams, fmaths went pretty well, core maths worries me because c3 was tragic and chem4 was equally if not more tragic but chem5 ok so I should be fine in chem.

So basically I have no idea and need to see the GBs lol!!

ps apply for compsci :smile:
I'm *****ing it for my AS results day! :frown:
I'm nervous af.
I feel like throwing up.
I don't know how I'm going to get through this week honestly.
i can't bear to face any of my teachers. i'm literally legging it as soon as i get my envelope

Depends on what Track says, but I'm the same! Last year I had teachers literally blocking my way out of the hall to try to stop me running out, but this year I shall have my technique perfected. ^_^
Original post by FailedMyMocks
I'm *****ing it for my AS results day! :frown:

Same :frown: the worst part about it is that it doesn't count towards our final A level. It would be nice to feel like all our hard work wasn't a waste and that half the battle is over :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! quick question about tariff points. My insurance choice required 320 tariff points. What grades is this? I think its ABB, am I right? I should probably know this haha, but I just want to be sure. So nervous!
Original post by Lainathiel
Depends on what Track says, but I'm the same! Last year I had teachers literally blocking my way out of the hall to try to stop me running out, but this year I shall have my technique perfected. ^_^

i think my plan is this:
6 - 8am: refresh track constantly until it updates and i know if i've made it or not
8am onwards:
- if i've made my firm offer, celebrate quietly at home and hold off collecting my results for as long as possible because 1. i know they still won't be as good as i want them to be, 2. i don't care because i got into university, 3. i don't want to face teachers/peers who are better than me so i'll wait til the crowds die down LMAO
- if i've missed my offer, get my sorry ass to school ASAP to look for clearing spaces and see just how badly i ****ed up

if i've missed my offer then i'll have to face my teachers and discuss what to do next with them, but if i've made it then i couldn't care less and that's my association with my school done forever lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by retardis
The one about gender schema which was asked last year I think, purely because it was a real shock

I didn't personally do the gender topic but it seems AQA shocked thousands in putting that in the paper with people saying they'd written hardly anything for that question and that loopa guy didn't see it coming and a hell of a lot of people look at his predictions
i think my plan is this:
6 - 8am: refresh track constantly until it updates and i know if i've made it or not
8am onwards:
- if i've made my firm offer, celebrate quietly at home and hold off collecting my results for as long as possible because 1. i know they still won't be as good as i want them to be, 2. i don't care because i got into university, 3. i don't want to face teachers/peers who are better than me so i'll wait til the crowds die down LMAO
- if i've missed my offer, get my sorry ass to school ASAP to look for clearing spaces and see just how badly i ****ed up

if i've missed my offer then i'll have to face my teachers and discuss what to do next with them, but if i've made it then i couldn't care less and that's my association with my school done forever lol

Track automatically refreshes doesn't it? Constantly refreshing the page will slow down the site for other users.
i think my plan is this:
8am onwards:

THIS. Lmfao.
i think my plan is this:

You are the reason the site crashes. - _ -
Original post by Abstract_Prism
You are the reason the site crashes. - _ -

how could i be the sole reason for the site crashing
Reply 3493
i think my plan is this:
8am onwards:

Constant refreshing won't help, there is no point logging in until 7 (office hours are t until 7:30 anyway so there is no chance they will update before then) and a check every 5 mins is more appropriate.
Original post by Elle_w
I'm pretty sure it was social influences last year and gender schema theory in 2014. It was quite a big shock though as aqa in the past had always left 2 years between questions. if they were going to ask about cognitive theories I was certain it was going to be kohlberg so my answer turned out awful 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't actually bother learning that kolhberg essay, which was great cause they didn't ask it but knowing now about AQA repeating questions in the other units suggests that was a very risky idea :/
Original post by Cadherin
Anyone get their results emailed to them? I get my results emailed to me at 6am which is brutal, I'd rather go into school tbh... :frown:

I'm getting them emailed because I'm on holiday. I have absolutely no idea what tine I'll get them, which makes even worse because I might not have wifi during the day:frown:
Original post by Aph
Constant refreshing won't help, there is no point logging in until 7 (office hours are t until 7:30 anyway so there is no chance they will update before then) and a check every 5 mins is more appropriate.

when i said constantly refreshing track i didn't mean it literally. it will probably be more like refresh track, take a shot of vodka, refresh track, take a shot of vodka, etc.
when i said constantly refreshing track i didn't mean it literally. it will probably be more like refresh track, take a shot of vodka, refresh track, take a shot of vodka, etc.

Or a shot of bleach if the boundaries are high :biggrin:
Reply 3498

Still not a good idea, like I said there will be no update before 7:30 at the earliest so refreashing from 6 is pointless. And only doing it once every 5-10 minutes reduces stress on the system and will help the update come faster.
Original post by Cadherin
Or a shot of bleach if the boundaries are high :biggrin:

truuuu i keep forgetting that by the time results day actually rolls around, i'll have already seen the grade boundaries and calculated a near-accurate prediction of my results. only time will tell whether this will comfort me or make me an even bigger wreck on the morning of the 18th lmao
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest