The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by enyav
Who would go through the effort of trolling everyone like that loooool

I just can't see how they put the exact same mark for unit 4 and 5 Chem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AdmiralAckbarkek
someone link edexcel grade boundaries please I can't find them it keeps saying no exam series

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/A-level/1606-AS-and-level-Grade-Boundaries-Final.pdf
81/100 for an A* in French Edexcel wyd
Reply 6283
Original post by NatoHeadshot
dont think itsd real the one thats posted somebody here posted a link and its not on the edexcel website from what i see

I was thinking the same... Unless it has been leaked!
Likelihood of AQA going up sometime soon?
I can't see the grade boundaries on edexcel website at all 😬
Original post by xyz9856
How did you go about working out the UMS, rough estimate? How can I find the 100UMS boundary for Edexcel maths? Thanks

Download the AQA spreadsheet (works for all exam boards) and enter the boundaries:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/UMS/A2UMSSpreadsheet.xlsx
Original post by RDKGames
Damn. I want to see the grade boundaries for AQA's M3 maths exam. That was the most depressing exam of my life :rofl:

Its actually 9:30AM not 8AM (source)
Edexcel took a big fat steaming **** on politics students
Original post by Mvoykov
Urmm yeaa quite reflect but still AS boundary for an A is high 56/80 although it wasnt hard and 52/80, which is much better. Biology AS exam was just a nightmare probably the worst exam that could have been created. Bye medicine in UK, hello Europe :biggrin: however i'm still doing AS do i have to give up if i have ABCC or smth like that or it depends what teaachers predict me?

You dont know that yet, so many people right now are just panicking, calm down unless you have your paper/know how many marks you have got in the exam you do not know what your going to get. Keep calm, only a day to go!

No you dont have to give up, get AAA predictions and you will be fine.
Damn. I want to see the grade boundaries for AQA's M3 maths exam. That was the most depressing exam of my life :rofl:

Hope it all goes well when they come out, darn AQA!
I'm genuinely curious what the examiner's report would say.

"They all f*cked up Q1-9. The end."

LOL I bet the usual "Only a minority of candidates were unable to finish the paper in time" bs is incoming
When it should be more like "Only the most able candidates were able to complete Q1 onwards"
Original post by uptownfunk
Do you think theres a chance that they've made a mistake in the chemistry grade boundaries?

I wish lol
God these Edexcel grade boundaries haven't helped my faith in getting an A* in further maths. I took S2 last year and got 88 UMS, so I need 91 average in FP2 and FP3 to get an A*.

I think I got 69/75 in FP2 (this could be 70 it depends on whether the first question gives a mark for identify the incorrect region given the choice of two) , where 68 is the boundary so that should be 91 or 92 UMS. Can someone please please tell me which as it's important.

Then in FP3, I think I lost 4 marks which would be on the 71/75 boundary, but some of those are shakey so 72 is possible, as is 70.
Original post by DarkEnergy

Thanks!
Original post by igotnomoney
The only reason i think they have dropped in our course because we had long answer question with 20 marker at the end ... i dont know how your was like

Well BUSS3's first question, which is usually a free 10 marks "fill in the formula" question, was a paragraph-based one that hadn't appeared for years. I think it might drop a bit based on that and the second question not having that much to write about. I get an extra 4 Raw Marks due to extenuating circumstances so hopefully I should be able to mitigate the blow an increased boundary might have.
Original post by DarkEnergy

my bad, it was 8am last year so just assumed it would be the same.
No problem :smile:
And hm I found it more interesting than British politics (I did American at A2) but I did find it more difficult yeah. And these grade boundaries have made me lose a bit of hope 😂 but I guess we won't find out till tomorrow
Good luck for tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel biology anyone...?
Reply 6298
It says on the AQA website boundaries are released at 8am but Twitter it says 9.30am? :/
Original post by physicsmaths
Boundaries are beautiful.
Lol if i still **** up.
M3 72/75 for A* made me LOL since M4/5 were easier.

(i'm ocr but still. . . )

if 63/72 is 80 ums and 67/72 is 90 ums can i guarantee that it is 71/72 for 100 ums? I reckon I've got 71 in s2 and i need 100 xD

Quick Reply

Latest