The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Accommodation and Loans

Ok, so I've left it until today to decide I'm actually going to Brookes after going to every university in the country first. I'm definitely going here and not thinking or talking about it again until I'm there!

I appreciate the deadline was on the 29th May, but I'm applying now (and havent got my forms through or anything yet). I do live in North Devon, so 300 miles away.

I'd like to go into Booth - isn't going to happen is it?! Or is it? Appreciate that you'll probably not know as you're not Accommodation services....................!!!!
Youre hosed, generally.

Its my experience the accomodation office at brookes are the thing right beside Gently Caressing useless (bit of something awful style self-censorship there) and are unlikely to get you into Clive Booth.

Last year I applied to brookes through clearing and thought id got accomodation sorted out, only to ring them up a few days later....

OMD: Hey guys. ive not heard anything from you about where im staying this year and im getting a bit worried.

Brookes accomodation: Ok, let me check.... Err... we've apparently forgotten you in the allocation.

OMD: What do you mean "*Forgotten*"? /twitch/

So I had to live in one of Brookes houses that are scattered around headington.

Anyhow. if thats not availiable, put down morrell or warneford as your next choices.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Whilst I appreciate the above poster's story and agree that Brookes are anything but perfect (I had to ring them to tell me that they'd forgotten to accept me after I got the target grades), I do feel that the cases are few and far between.
Do you mean Brookes' accom deadline was 29th May? If so, I can't see there being much of a problem tbh given accomodation isn't sorted out until the week AFTER results are published. Having said that, you don't necessarily get the halls you want. It's not a first come first served basis though, which could work in your favour. I've known people put wheatley down as their 6th choice and still get put there. It's really down to the luck of the draw and given they accept your late application, I'd say you've got as much choice as the next applicant of getting into Clive Booth.
Reply 3
Yeah, I did have the same view on the person above's story :redface: no offence, but it doesn't happen all the time. Now I've said that - it will be me!

Will apply and see what happens. Nothing else I can do, really! I'd just read about people getting their offers...
being one of many ppl wanting to move out, i was just wondering how much rent would be in oxford brookes, its probably alot cheaper than london. would the rent be in regain of 70-80 pounds????
Reply 5
pritesh_1989
being one of many ppl wanting to move out, i was just wondering how much rent would be in oxford brookes, its probably alot cheaper than london. would the rent be in regain of 70-80 pounds????

For housing it's normally around that region yes... can't quite remember what the halls worked out as. However, I remember that considering bills were included, halls worked out more or less the same, if not a bit cheaper than renting a house. Although it may be a bit cheaper then london, Oxford housing is still notoriously dear I'm afraid.

Latest

Trending

Trending