The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Open University - Learning materials

Okay, so I just have to pay the fee for my first module for the OU as I didn't qualify for student finance due to holding an equal level qualification.

Now, before I pay £2700, I wondered if anybody can shed some light on what learning materials and resources are offered. The OU site is very vague on that. It's a lot of money so I'm sure people can understand my hesitation lol
Original post by brothertse2008
Okay, so I just have to pay the fee for my first module for the OU as I didn't qualify for student finance due to holding an equal level qualification.

Now, before I pay £2700, I wondered if anybody can shed some light on what learning materials and resources are offered. The OU site is very vague on that. It's a lot of money so I'm sure people can understand my hesitation lol

Which module will you be studying? it varies between them, i m starting 3 in october; 2 are completely online with pdf's of the books, activities and online tutorials and video lectures and the other comes with 6 books, a reader and tutorials online. You'll get access to the online library and be able to use sconul to look at hard copies at other university libraries i believe.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Am doin DD103 this yeas and the remainder the yr after.
Was considering doing the access course tho as I have no previous knowledge in this area, although the uni said it didnt matter
Original post by brothertse2008
Am doin DD103 this yeas and the remainder the yr after.
Was considering doing the access course tho as I have no previous knowledge in this area, although the uni said it didnt matter

I see, i m doing level 3 science modules with i guess some prior knowledge that they suggested. You could ask on facebook what materials are provided with that module, i've found people willing to answer my questions on there:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest