The Student Room Group

Universities with good distance learning.

Hi, I’m currently an apprentice, however in the next few years might be interested in university.
I’m not interested in living on campus or attending in person, I’d much prefer distance learning.
I’ve never looked at uni before as I wasn’t in a place to when I finished college, so any information would be helpful.
Original post by Ellianna
Hi, I’m currently an apprentice, however in the next few years might be interested in university.
I’m not interested in living on campus or attending in person, I’d much prefer distance learning.
I’ve never looked at uni before as I wasn’t in a place to when I finished college, so any information would be helpful.

Hi Ellianna!

I am not sure what sort of degree you are interested in doing or what apprenticeship you are currently doing, but you can study either an undergraduate law degree or an undergraduate psychology degree at the University of Law 100% online. By studying online, you will have exactly the same access to materials and support as the on-Campus students but you will be able to fit your studies around your other commitments. The online courses at the University of Law consist of pre-recorded lessons so you are able to study when and wherever you want. I hope this helps and good luck!

Sophie :smile:
Hi Ellianna,
If you are interested in pursuing an online program in dispute resolution, I can give you some feedback on the program offered by QMUL. I am attending this program.
Reply 3
There's always the Open University. I'm 2/3rds of the way through my degree now. It's pretty good.

@Ellianna
Distance learning is a special art which some providers masters, others bolt it onto their existing provision to get more students.

For any University provider (what we typically call H.E - Higher Education) check their report with the QAA ( a bit like Ofsted) and their Teaching Excellence Framework Report which is very student centred, both readily available online.

I did my Masters at Arden University, and having worked in education for over 10 years I can say they have the best virtual learning environment I have come across. They also offer blended learning on several sites which might interest you, London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham to name but a few, where you do a 50-50 split with attending online and on site.

Why not have a mooch on the website https://arden.ac.uk/

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
The Open University has fantastic facilities when it comes to distance learning! It’s definitely one to look into

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending