The Student Room Group

Aqa a2 history defeat to unity ------ the german surrender q

Hi guys,
I am taking the AQA A2 History 1945-89 defeat to unity exam and i was looking back at 'from occupation to division 1945-89' and wondered if any of you could help with just the 'german surrender'- not quite sure what they could ask on this big as it is just the geography and political background to Germany's position?
Reply 1
Original post by User1102
Hi guys,
I am taking the AQA A2 History 1945-89 defeat to unity exam and i was looking back at 'from occupation to division 1945-89' and wondered if any of you could help with just the 'german surrender'- not quite sure what they could ask on this big as it is just the geography and political background to Germany's position?

They won't ask anything just on this, it will be more about the conditions/political structure/ borders and using that in other questions.

For example: conditions can be used when comparing 4.5 million starving in Germany during surrender to then comparing to Adenauers FRG of Ulbrichts GDR.
or comparing the life of women (Trummerfrauen compared to the working women)

political structure comparisons are key when evaluating the success of democratisation and how far things had changed. i.e. decentralisation.

finally geography is only really important when looking at either the Ruhr or the lack of damage on the west, or looking at the polish borders in the Moscow treaty when looking at ostpolitik.

You don't know if there are any other threads about this exam do you? I can't find any??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending