The Student Room Group

Article: How to avoid embarrassing exam mistakes

Scroll to see replies

One of my references in a finance exam was Majluf, who I always remembered as "Magaluf" because it's easier to remember. Low and behold, I wrote about Magaluf throughout the entire exam.
Reply 21
The biggest ever mistake I made was on a Physics A Level Exam.

I did the questions and for some bizarre reason I stopped on Q7 and thought that was the end of the questions. I rechecked my working and when we had 2 mins left I discovered there was another page with Question 8!!!! My whole heart sank and I missed 15 marks by not checking.

So I always go cover to cover on an exam paper. It was so embarrassing.
MINE IS LITERALLY THE WORST!
In my French Speaking GCSE I wanted to say I want to be a fireman in the future but instead I said I want to give a blow job...just great.
In a recent mock (in the subject where I usually get 98-100%, might I add), I got zero marks on something like a five or six mark question.

I was adamant that nine squared is 36, and ended up getting frustrated and writing 'NO SOLUTIONS' across the page.

Thankfully my teacher is lovely and was very understanding about it. xD
Well, there are four sides to a square.
In my C3 I expanded 3cosec(cosec-1) as 3cosec^2 -3. Not 3cosec^2 -3cosec. Lost upto 5 marks and valuable time.

Youre right about the overinterpretation. It said write the second derivative in terms of y. I ended in rearranging the orginal to make t the subject and substitue when all I need to put was y^3. 😑👎👎

Not only that but my solved answer ended up not working since a modulus cannot have a negative output 😐.

Again overinterpretation - I lost 2 marks to a GCSE factors question....
Slightly different, but I did my grade five music theory exam a few years ago and there's a section where you have to translate loads of performance directions for Latin/French/German/Italian. So I got asked to translate più, and I always remembered that word as poo (I was 12 at the time) so I actually ended up writing poo instead of the actual meaning (more). Probably would have got a distinction if it weren't for that blunder...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending