The Student Room Group

Advice please?

I'm really struggling to decide between studying medicine or paramedics. I was wondering whether anyone had any advice to offer? What would people do in my position?
Thanks in advance ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swal9800
I'm really struggling to decide between studying medicine or paramedics. I was wondering whether anyone had any advice to offer? What would people do in my position?
Thanks in advance ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

id go medicine if i were you
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
id go medicine if i were you

Why's that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You know they're vastly different careers, right?

What are you having a hard time with exactly?
Reply 4
Original post by BristolFresher15
You know they're vastly different careers, right?

What are you having a hard time with exactly?

Yeah I know that.
Deciding which one is more likely to give me a fulfilling career.
I am nearly 27 and so will be a mature student. I therefore have to consider finances and things much more than I would have done if I was a school leaver.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by swal9800
Yeah I know that.
Deciding which one is more likely to give me a fulfilling career.
I am nearly 27 and so will be a mature student. I therefore have to consider finances and things much more than I would have done if I was a school leaver.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well what do you want people to say? Only you can really decide what you will find fulfilling.

What do you want out of your career? What do you want out of your day to day job? Do you want to be hospital/gp based or community? Do you want to work with a large multidisciplinary team or more one on one with another paramedic?

27 isn't really that old for medicine. But it will mean 5 years of university and then a lot of moving around and upheaval when you qualify. You don't generally get to settle in one place (well it depends heavily on what speciality you pursue) until near consultant level.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending