The Student Room Group

Have I lost a friend?

Essentially I unintentionally implied that I liked them after befriending them for a few weeks, we used to talk on numerous applications as any friend would. However, since I unintentionally implied that I liked them something doesn't feel right, our conversations now seem forced and we have a lot more silent moments. What can I do?
Reply 1
Thank you all for your fantastic advice…
Lol!!!! That's a really adorable and funny profile pic!!!....:biggrin: ....OK so ummmm ....try talking to ur friend asking him/her what's up!!!!!:wink::smile:
Reply 3
I think you should just talk to them, ask if anything you said has made them hurt or something and try to see if you can fix it :smile:
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Thank you all for your fantastic advice…

Sorry, that many people haven't responded but I am here :smile: I recommend just talking to them. At the end of the day, this is the better option than contemplating the future so just ask them even if you don't like the answer, you'll know the truth so you know you need to forget them. Best of luck to you <3
Reply 5
UPDATE: I've followed your advice and talked to them, they were a bit confused and reassured me and everything but something still doesn't feel right. Should I give up at this point?
Original post by BrianMcEgg
UPDATE: I've followed your advice and talked to them, they were a bit confused and reassured me and everything but something still doesn't feel right. Should I give up at this point?

say i like u and if they reject u just listen to this bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djU4Lq_5EaM
Reply 7
Yes it sounds awkward. Not sure why people get awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
say i like u and if they reject u just listen to this bro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djU4Lq_5EaM

I don't like them in that way tho
Reply 9
Original post by SMEGGGY
Yes it sounds awkward. Not sure why people get awkward.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Neither do I, never liked the person in that way either. Suppose those kind of things don't fix themselves overnight
@BrianMcEgg I'VE BEEN THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING. ALL I CAN SAY TO THAT IS...distance, my friend because if you delve further, ot will only create problems (from experience) so distance. If they come back then they miss you which is important but distance for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mrs.Grey
@BrianMcEgg I'VE BEEN THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING. ALL I CAN SAY TO THAT IS...distance, my friend because if you delve further, ot will only create problems (from experience) so distance. If they come back then they miss you which is important but distance for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll try it. I have to work with them tho, so it's inevitable that I'll have to talk to them. I think I'll see how the next few days go. If they message me then I know that friendship is still there but if otherwise I'll follow your advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending