The Student Room Group

Loosing all friends at 18?

Hi
I’ve left sixth form without making any friends, and I’ve lost all my secondary school ones too. It feels so scary and embarrassing. I don’t know what to do anymore. Was anyone else in this position at 18 ? I feel like no one would want to be friends with me because of my situation.
Are you male or female? It’s really not that hard to make friends if you want to, literally just join clubs and play sports that you like. But don’t feel pressured to be friends with people you have to see everyday because of school. it’s better when friendships start on common interest.
Are you going to uni? Maybe you can make friends in your next endeavour.

In regards to your situation, I lost all my friends in secondary school and reinvented myself in sixth form (the one that was at my school btw). I loved it and gained heaps of recognition as an individual. It was a really coming of age time for me where I transformed a lot as a person. I achieved top grades and in one exam I achieved the highest in my class. I also made heaps of admirers for my change in appearance. I started wearing makeup and wearing all these cool outfits. All this happened because I chose to move forward and not stay stuck.

Forget your past and move forward. Take time to heal through journaling and meditating but remember that you're free from other people's opinions of you and to start afresh. Your old friends that may have held you back are now gone. I don't know much about your situation but I can tell you that you can use this experience to live your best life. Start by setting out your goals and how you can achieve them. Hopefully like me, you will become so proud of yourself that you'll think that everything has happened for a reason .

Sending you hope and light x
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
I’ve left sixth form without making any friends, and I’ve lost all my secondary school ones too. It feels so scary and embarrassing. I don’t know what to do anymore. Was anyone else in this position at 18 ? I feel like no one would want to be friends with me because of my situation.

Aww you’ve always got a friend in me x
Reply 4
If you're going to university, I'd suggest engaging with people that are going to your university. Joining facebook groups will allow you to do this. Then they'll add you to Whatsapp groups/instagram groups etc.
Hope this helps. You might be able to meet up with some of them before you join your course over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending