The Student Room Group

Motivation to study

My best friend just left the country to study in the States, I'm on my way to get a degree in Industrial Engineering, but sometimes I feel lost. I decided to study to help people, but I think I can't even help myself. What can I do?
i would set myself small goals in a daily planner and eventually reach where i need to be
Original post by Aleleco
My best friend just left the country to study in the States, I'm on my way to get a degree in Industrial Engineering, but sometimes I feel lost. I decided to study to help people, but I think I can't even help myself. What can I do?

Hey @Aleleco
Sorry to hear you are felling lost and have a lack of motivation to study.
Having your friend move away may have impacted you more than you expect and that is okay to admit. Try not too be too critical and harsh on yourself.

Try setting yourself some goals that are achievable such as x number of pages to read or tasks to be done. Doing something is better than nothing and taking it in smaller steps may help to make it feel easier to complete. Planning in activities to look forward to can also help to motivate yourself such as planning a video call with your fried in the states so that you study before it. You could also try finding a new place to study and switching up your environment. If that isn't possible or not for you, getting out for a walk or to grab a coffee can also boost your energy and study focus.

Best wishes and hope you feel more motivated soon :-) Catherine - Strathclyde University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending