Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Vegan/faux leather nursing shoes?

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

So I currently have these bad boys from Clarks and they have served me well through my three years of nurse training but I think they are starting to wear out cause my feet have started aching after shifts which they never did before.
    Does anyone know where I can get similar but with faux leather?
    I don't like wearing them but I couldn't find a vegan alternative at the time :/ I don't mind about price so long as they are comfy and hard wearing.
    I would highly recommend these to people who don't mind wearing leather though
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465070731.266716.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  87.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

My husband buys their shoes and they last him several years. I'm pretty sure that they do mail order, or have a day out in Brighton!

I'm vegan too and I had those exact same shoes. I agree that they're great for any healthcare job that has you on your feet - so practical and comfy. Unfortunately I've never found any like them in faux leather, but this may be because my feet are unnaturally huge for a woman and several shops don't even carry my size. I bought my Clarks pair second-hand (but barely used) from eBay, which mitigates the ethical problem a bit - taking castoffs from someone else isn't the same as going into the shop and buying your own pair. Maybe try that if you can't find anything? Assuming you don't have my problem with yeti feet, this shop has a couple of things that look as though they might be OK:
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

I want...

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.