The Student Room Group

The most hilarious interviews

Should this belong to career and job sector? i'll let the mods decide.

Two weeks ago I had a guy turn up 15-20 minutes late for an interview wearing a t-shirt for a junior, corporate PR role. I turned him down for the role. He was persistent so I gave him some honest feedback, first point in the list was he had turned up quite late and seemed very casual about the interview.His response came through this morning: “Are you now going to tell me you’ve never been late to anything before?”

Joseph Barratt, founder of Singapore PR agency Mutant Communications

Interviewer: What would say really matters to you in life ?
Candidate (female): I am sorry, I don’t understand what you mean.
Interviewer: Well, what is important to you… when you think of your life what things do you want most or what values do you hold most important?
Candidate: I never do it on the first date.
Interviewer (after a bewildered pause): Sorry? What?
Candidate: But I do do it on the second date.

Ad agency boss, the Philippines

Self awareness, especially of one’s weaknesses, is hugely important. But I once interviewed a guy who spent the first 25 minutes of the meeting telling me how terrible our organisation was from capability to ideology to culture to credentials to website to leadership to client base to work. I couldn’t get a word in edgeways. It was an astonishing rant.I finally managed to get a sentence in and asked him if he could think of anything about our organisation which he thought was positive.Answer: No, nothing.I asked why he wanted to join us in that case. He said because he was the only person who could fix the mess. I asked how he would do that. He said he would start by firing me. Maybe he was a lunatic, or maybe a genius. I decided not to find out.

Ad agency boss, Malaysia

:rofl:

http://www.mumbrella.asia/2016/06/recruitment-horror-stories/
Reply 1
:lol:

Quick Reply

Latest