The Student Room Group

Is history of Germany easy to get an A?

From anyone else's experience, do you find hisory of nazi Germany's to be quite hard? Especially with source work. I have no idea how some people answer those type of questions. Do you have any tactics and suggestions when it comes to revise for nazi Germany?
Original post by meemeekat
From anyone else's experience, do you find hisory of nazi Germany's to be quite hard? Especially with source work. I have no idea how some people answer those type of questions. Do you have any tactics and suggestions when it comes to revise for nazi Germany?

The grade boundaries for the exam are actually pretty low! It's out of 64, and A* is 43, A is 38, B is 33, C is 29.

In terms of how to answer Section 1, this is the advice I've been given.

Question 1a - 'What do sources A and B suggest about...?'
Make 2 to 3 inferences from the sources. Use a small amount of your own knowledge to put the sources in context. Don't copy anything directly from the sources!

Question 1b - 'What different view is shown in Sources C and D?'
Same as 1a

Question 1c - 'Why do Sources C and D give a different view to Sources A and B?'
Look carefully at the provenance of the source (nature, origin, purpose). When, where, why, and by whom were they made? Explain why these things have led to the sources giving different views.

Question 1d - 'How useful is Source E for understanding ...?'
Explain what the source is useful for understanding. Use your knowledge to point out some key details NOT shown in the source. Explain how the provenance of the source increases and/or decreases the usefulness of what it is telling us.

Question 1e - 'How did the Nazis control...?/ How did Gustav Stresemann rebuild...?' (for example)
Identify several methods/reasons/issues. Explain these using specific factual knowledge. Make sure you keep linking your explanation back to the question.

I hope this helps, and I also have the same thing for how to answer section B if you want! :smile:
Reply 2
I hope this helps, and I also have the same thing for how to answer section B if you want! :smile:

thank u so much for the advice, and it would be amazing if you could advise me on section b if possible:wink:
I've honestly felt the cold war was far easier, however Germany isn't that bad and hopefully If you focus you'll get an A.

thank u so much for the advice, and it would be amazing if you could advise me on section b if possible:wink:

No worries :smile:

Question 2/3a - 'Why was ... important to the Nazis?/ Who was ...?'
Describe 2 to 3 key details about this individual/issue. Use a little bit of context to show why this individual/issue was important.

Question 2/3b - 'Using source F and your own knowledge, explain how...'
Identify several methods/reasons starting with the one shown in the source. Explain these using specific factual knowledge. Try and explain how some methods are connected to one another. Make sure you keep linking your explanation back to the question.

Question 2/3c - ' "Here is an interpretation about an issue in Germany." How far do you agree with this interpretation?'
Identify two different interpretations (or 'factors') to the one in the question. Use PEE(c) (Point, evidence/example, explain, compare) paragraphs to explain each interpretation (factor) and compare the importance of each. Make sure you finish by saying how far you agree with the interpretation in the question.

Good luck for the exam!!

Also just to be sure, you are doing AQA, right?
Reply 5
Good luck for the exam!!

Also just to be sure, you are doing AQA, right?

thanks once again, and yes i am doing AQA specifaction

NAZI GERMANY IS LEGIT MY FAVOURITE LIKE I LOVED LEARNING ABOUT IT :yep: I recommend you make a timeline of all the dates (if you haven't done that already)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending